StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a feeler how about a weekend in the hill country Texas ,or Arkansas Mena area, or Talimena area. march, april or may ,what do you think

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,113 Posts
I'm up for the Western Arkansas/Talimena Trail area as a get-together. It's practically my back yard, but fantastic riding. The date is very negotiable for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can either of you guys recomend a camp site I know there is queen wilemena rv park on top of a mtn. and there is wister state park.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rode the Talimena trail last fall on my 09 Wee. It's a day trip ride from northwest Louisiana. Spring time ride sounds great.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,113 Posts
can either of you guys recomend a camp site I know there is queen wilemena rv park on top of a mtn. and there is wister state park.
There is indeed a Queen Wilhelmina State Park on top of Rich Mountain just north of Mena and I think they have a RV park, plus a small lodge and a few cabins. I know there is also a motorcycle-only camping area, and maybe more than one, just south of Mena on US 71. It's mostly used by 4-wheeler ATV types, I think, and might be noisy enough that you'd wind up shooting someone. That's a big area for off-road adventure riders.

If you go just east of Mena and then south on AR 375 you'll pass the following sign

and then find at least two RV/camping parks -- one luxury-level and the other for folks of average/modest income. Lots of rocky mountain streams in the area including the National Wild and Scenic Cossatot River.

'Way more info than you wanted, I guess...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts