StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some feedback on Progressive's rear shock, part number 465-1162. I'm wanting to do some more upgrading of my DL650 and the stock rear shock seems pretty pathetic. Like to get something that will benefit my back side a little more when going to Alaska in June.

Sure, I could get something really expensive like an Elka or Ohlin; but my wallet says no. For under four Franklins, I see that the Progressive could be added to my bike.

With all gear on, I'm around 230, and usually have the saddlebags pretty loaded for trips....and I do carry camping gear on the back seat at times.

So, thoughts and feedback on the Progressive shock from those that have or have had it please. Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
check out the Wilbers suspension/ springs for your machine. There is a fair bit of discussion on Adv rider. I think the prices are in line with others. They also do a complete over haul on front shocks. You need to send in yours. They custom build rear shocks for Wee's and Vee's. That, is pricey I would think.I am at the" thinking about it stage" re the front suspension. Cheers Doug

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been curious about the Progressive also. The 465 with remote preload can be bought much cheaper than something like Elkas, and only a little more it seems than having the stock unit rebuilt.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into just about all the offerings out there. Decided on the Sasquatch custom shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts