StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have met and plan to do a trial run in the morning. The ride will be on the 24th. We will meet at Mikes house in Orange City. More info will be posted soon so mark your calendars. Mystrom

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The weather here cleared up right around the time they were to meet for the trial run that we planned yesterday. Hoping to have a good weekend weatherwise for the 24th. See all over on "our" side of the state. Should be a fun ride and day. More details forthcoming.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hold on to your hats!

Hope your all sitting down!

This is gonna come a s a shock!

Yup you guessed it, I goota work. AGAIN!

I'm beginning to think I'm jinxed.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Wouldn't say jinxed, just a sring of unfortunate bad rotten horrific terrible luck. But on the bright side..................... See you soon, we hope.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Watching

We have met and plan to do a trial run in the morning. The ride will be on the 24th. We will meet at Mikes house in Orange City. More info will be posted soon so mark your calendars. Mystrom
I am a little west of Tallahassee and have a couple of WeeStrom buddies in Panama City...we will be watching to see your posted route. We would love to join in if it is doable from our location.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Clyde, great to hear from you and would love to have you and your buddies make the ride. Basically the ride starts in Orange City and winds down to Titusville and then back to Sanford on Lake Monroe. We are trying to accomodate as many riders and areas as possible by way of start time and distance. Keep watching and more will be coming out soon.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The trial ride went fine with about 2.5 hours in the saddle. As Jim stated the route is simple and relaxing. Mike will post the route in detail from his GPS but here is the basic plan. Start out at Mikes house in Orange City. Holly drive to 17/92 south. Enterprise rd south west to Rt415. 415 to Maytown rd. Maytown rd east to US1. US1 south to Rt 3. RT3 to 406. (Rest stop at visitors center) 406 to US1. US1 North to 46. 46 West to 415. 415 south to back roads by lake Jessup. Stop for pics at the lake then Sanford ave to the lake front. Lunch at Wolfy's on lake Monroe. About 110 miles. This was a nice ride and hope to see as many as possible on the 24th. Wolfy's has been notified about the ride and will be ready to serve our group. Mystrom

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Don't miss it Ray, come on over and enjoy the 'other' coast for a change. We are trying to plan start and finish times so folks that need to travel to get here can make the ride. Daylight is increasing and the weather should be co-operating for us. Just before the big shindig up in Daytona and just after the start of the Nascar season. Only folks left in the area will be residents (yippie). We will miss you if you cannot make it. Next month.

·
Registered
127 Posts
February ride

Here's a route sheet for our ride in a spreadsheet format. Directions are based on leaving my house with your tripmeter reset to 0:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/ready2ride/V-Strom/2-24-07.XLS

I live here:

370 W. Holly Dr., Orange City FL 32763

N28° 55.639'
W81° 18.423'

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=370+W+Holly+Dr,+32763

Ride is subject to change, and although verified by an authentic 1000 V-Strom odometer, YMMV :)

Details to follow so watch this space! I will post a map as soon as I figure out how...

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
Don't miss it Ray, come on over and enjoy the 'other' coast for a change. We are trying to plan start and finish times so folks that need to travel to get here can make the ride. Daylight is increasing and the weather should be co-operating for us. Just before the big shindig up in Daytona and just after the start of the Nascar season. Only folks left in the area will be residents (yippie). We will miss you if you cannot make it. Next month.

That's not the problem mate. I am leaving for South Africa on thursday, and will only be back in 5 weeks. That's a LONG commute for a ride.:mrgreen:

I'll see you guys when I get back!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, I don't know about the gourmet catered breakfast, but here is the plan so far. Since this event is being put together by 3 of us, it has to be 3 times as good, right?

1) A nice 100+ mile ride as previously described.

2) Coffee and donuts for early arrivals.

3) 2-3 hour mini tech session before the ride if there is any interest.

Wheat toast, tea, and even bagels are not out of the question, but there will be none of that duck liver stuff... :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Count me in for the ride on the 24th. Thanks to the 3 Musketeers for putting it together.

I won't mind having a tech session some time, but 3 hours plus 110 mile ride with a lunch may be a very long day for those that have to travel any distance to the starting point.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Rick and I have cleared our schedule so that we can join. I’ll try to locate some plastic to throw on Rick’s Sportster so that he fits in a bit better :)
It’s about 2 ½ hours to the start from our place so we may miss the tech session if there is one.
Mike, I would like to send a donation your way to fund the doughnuts and bagel fund. I think that is a great idea. If you’ve got a PayPal account let me know and I’ll send you some seed money.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts