StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a fair amount of riding that requires standing on the pegs. What are your favorite foot peg upgrade for the 650 XT?

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you ride mostly pavement...& need a comfy rubber type footpeg....try the stock GoldWing 1800 pegs.
With justa slight shim mod to make them perpendicular to the frame....they bolt right on....& are both wider & longer than stock Strom pegs. Good for larger size feet.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like Pivot Pegz. Great for standing as they are all metal "rat traps" that keep you boots from slipping and they will rotate slightly as flex your feet. A bit pricey, but worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only bought my 2009 650/ABS Strom a few days ago, but installed Goldwing GL1800 stock pegs yesterday, and they feel MUCH better than the OEM pegs were. I also installed spare highway pegs from my 2008 Goldwing onto the Strom's safety bar, and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have some Pivot Pegz with the rubber toppers from a 2014 DL650 that I am about to put up for sale. Not sure if they would fit on your bike, but I would be happy to sell them to you for a very reasonable price. For me, they were just a little too much more vibration than stock, but I am having some larger problems with vibration at the moment that make me particularly sensitive. Considered solely as footpads, the Pivot Pegz are stellar. If I did more off-road riding on the Vstrom I would definitely keep them. So much more sturdy and stable!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have cheap pegs from "my friend". They require a little modification on the 2017+ models, but are ridiculously cheap ($35) compared to SW Motech or PUIG. Link

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Fastway Extra-wide Adventure foot pegs. You can install shorter/longer grub screws for more or less traction. Not cheap but really nice foot pegs.

901-ADV_Clear.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts