StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rider was killed early this morning in the Ville Marie tunnel in Montreal. Rear ended a car at a high rate of speed. Picture of the car shows the back end totaled. He must have hit extremely hard. What was he thinking? High speed, low light conditions, curvy tunnel. Sad. Looks like it was a Suzuki. Hard to tell from all the damage. Guy was in his 30s. Be safe..

Pete

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
Not in a tunnel but on the freeway mid day a pickup truck hit a BMW sedan and other cars at over 100 mph. killed the BMW driver and injured others.
The truck driver of course was fine. He was running from another fender bender a few miles back and heading for the border of Mexico. He had priors for DUI and accidents.
Slamming ones vehicle in to other vehicles usually makes a mess of some sort.
i feel sorry for the innocent and outrage at the perpetrators who seem to walk away unscathed to repeat their actions again.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I have been through that tunnel on my Vstrom 1000. Not a good place to speed for a host of reasons.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wow, but not surprising, the turns in that tunnel could be very fun, and the wide three lanes are very misleading as to how much reaction time you have.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not that it really matters but it looks like the car must have been stopped to sustain that amount of damage.

RIP young fella...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
A couple years ago there was a thread here about a couple on top a bike killed on a Canada highway. I think the operator was known around here? I wonder what became of that story.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not that it really matters but it looks like the car must have been stopped to sustain that amount of damage.

RIP young fella...

If you are doing 200 km/h and the other car is doing 100 km/h, it's pretty much the same force of impact as hitting at 100km/h and the car is stopped.

It would be very easy to get going that fast through that tunnel, I have probably even done it. I know I raced a porsche through there in traffic on my SV once. Def not bragging, it was really stupid and I have grown up a lot since then.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Another one wanted to test murphy's law.

I understand speed, but some people have a knack to push their luck at the worst places.

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
"it was really stupid and I have grown up a lot since then."

Mind that maturing stuff. You'll end like my Mom when she was 99 saying, "Did you see what almost could have happened?" :surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts