StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly setting my DL650 up for mild off road riding and would like a better platform. Regardless, I think a wider peg would be good for all around riding.

My question is over off road use of a fixed, platform-type peg versus one that pivots with the bike (and makes on/off-road shifting easier). I noticed that the same Fastway pegs that fit the BMW R1200GS also fit the Strom, so I'm wondering if the Power Pegs for the R1200GS will fit the Strom.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have Pivot Pegz on order

I'll take photos and let everyone know how the pivot pegz work on my strom.

·
Registered
852 Posts
IMS footpegs for the KLR650 fits quite nicely on the V-Strom.

You might also want to consider a set of MotorcycleLarry's footpeg lowering adaptors. It's so much easier to stand with the pegs a bit lower and further back.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I put a set of IMS pegs (for KLR650) on the DL650 a few days ago. They have an extremely secure feel. IMS makes the pointed edges in two pitches. I got the more aggressive one. Expensive at $85, but it's a high quality item that bolts right up without modification.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMS footpegs for the KLR650 fits quite nicely on the V-Strom.

You might also want to consider a set of MotorcycleLarry's footpeg lowering adaptors. It's so much easier to stand with the pegs a bit lower and further back.

I'll mount up the Pivot Pegz and see how they sit compared to stock. I very well might end up checking out the MotorcycleLarry's adaptors to lower them a bit. Thanks for the tips everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts