StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the word “farkling”... Don’t think there are any equivalent in the Swedish language.
Anyway, today I have been doing a lot of farkling to my new 650XT -15. A large box from SW-Motech arrived, so I have spent a few hours in the garage in spite of the heat.
New parts are Adventure cases, crash bars, GPS mount, engine protector and main stand. Everything from SW Motech. I have also installed a fat bar on 25mm risers and a Givi Airflow screen. Very satisfied with everything except that the engine guard gives a lot more noise from the engine. I will try to add som soundproofing material to the inside of it. Also love my new Mitas e07. It has totally transformed the bike on the gravel roads I prefer to ride.

Tried to link to a picture, but it seems I have too few posts... :frown2:

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
Strange. Do you see the picture? I don’t :confused:
Yes, it is a beautiful blue little bike.
I do, there's two red cars in the background.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had to click on the link but received a pic of a good looking blue Strom. I, on the other hand don't really care for the word "farkle". Sounds to me like a cross between passing gas and pyrotechnics. JM2C.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I don't see it...trying your link to embed does not seem to work. I tried TinyPic first and it would still not embed, so I used Photobucket:

Yes, the E07 is a outstanding tire and my all time favorite.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see it...trying your link to embed does not seem to work. I tried TinyPic first and it would still not embed, so I used Photobucket:

Yes, the E07 is a outstanding tire and my all time favorite.
There it is! Thanks! :wink2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Syntax error. ???

Hi Zopilote, I think you have a syntax error in your embeded BB code.

Are you using a url address to link to your image. ???? It won't work.
You must use the BB code not the url for the image to display automatically.

Most image storing sites offer the option of obtaining the BB code for the stored image.
In BB coding a command is opened carried out and then closed.

eg to print in happy bold font.
[B ]happy[/B] NOTE I have put a space in the open command just to show the code. If you want it to function there must be no spaces in the opening and close command.
If the space in the open command is removed then happy is displayed. Note the open command for bold text is [B ] and the close command is [/B].

For images it is similar. The image open command

eg: [img ]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/822/41452002132_4d05e8ebfc_h.jpg[/img] Again the space in the open command is just to allow the BB code to display.
If the space is removed then the image will be displayed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you say "helicopter" in tagalog or swahili? Answer: Helicopter Probably same for "Farkle."
If I have understood right, “farkle” is a combination of “functional” and “sparkle”. In Swedish it would be “Funktionell” and “Gnistrande”.... No way you can make a word of that which is possible to pronounce :wink2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
How do you say "helicopter" in tagalog or swahili? Answer: Helicopter Probably same for "Farkle."
Actually in the original pigeon english up in the highlands of Papua New Guinea "helicopters" were known as "mixmaster belong'um God." :grin2:
Mind you that was 50 years ago, they may well have updated their vocabulary since then. :smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts