StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got most everything installed. I have a powered tank bag that I keep the Starcom com unit and Kenwood FRS radio. This way I can just switch it from bike to bike without too much hassle. Use one BMW plug for the bag/XM radio and one for the heated gear. The Givi top box mount's back ordered for a couple weeks, and I just haven't got around to installing the centerstand and Scott oiler. Just need to order some LED's to replace signals/tail lights and a mount for my HID aux lights. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Bike looks great. I really like the look of the Pat Walsh crash bars. I am seriously thinking of getting a set as I need a good mounting spot for some highway pegs and the Walsh bars look like the ticket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pat Walsh stuff seems very well made. It all went together easily and feels sturdy. Won't know for sure until I drop it a couple times. :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TomStromie said:
What? No replacement windshield?
I thought the consensus was they all suck so why waste the money. :lol:

Probably get one when it gets cooler.

T

·
0 Posts
Looks cool; I have the Pat Walsh stuff on my 650. It goes tegether great & really helps in the rocky dirt roads we have around here, rocks and/or sand; take your pick. However, when you are riding 2 up on a tight right hander the protrusion for the rear bolt will grind. I have almost cut the edge off; thats the only problem. The highway pegs work great for old knees. Love your electronic. I have a GPS with the Tourteck mount, Givi v 45 & Cortek soft bags.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dam, it looks like you almost got as many gadgets as me. Now I’ll have to look for other stuff to install. :wink:

Seriously, the bike looks awesome. Do you have the 2610 audio hooked up? I used Mix-It 2 and am very happy with it.

Wingman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wingman,

Which CB are you using? I thinkin its time to add one on my scoot and am looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Romeo,
I use Midland 75-822. This is a really nice CB and it comes with external antenna hokeup. I would really recommend it. I know that Cobra makes a unit comparable to this model but from what I read on the web, this is a better unit.

If you want to see this thing in action, stop by and I'll let you play with all of my toys.

Wingman.

·
Registered
84 Posts
lol Now how can I turn down an offer like that!!

Maybe I will come by...when I get all the parts... and you can "show" me how to wire em up :wink:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wingman, yup I run the 2610 audio through the mixer then into the Starcom. Works like a charm. I use the HARD setup on my V1 so I don't need audio for that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
radon_strommer said:
Maybe I will come by...when I get all the parts... and you can "show" me how to wire em up :wink:
You got it, any time. I'm a gadgets feak and love doing this kind of stuff.

BTW: Another alternative you have is to install a J&M CB. I did it for a couple of friends of mine and this is the best and the cleanest installation you can make. The only drawback is you'll need to buy a J&M headset as well, plus the cost will be higher. Overall, if I didnt need to be able to use my headset on both bikes I would have gone that route.

Wingman

·
Registered
369 Posts
Albie said:
Wingman, yup I run the 2610 audio through the mixer then into the Starcom. Works like a charm. I use the HARD setup on my V1 so I don't need audio for that.
Yeah, I love being able to hear Bitching Betty (2610) throught the headset so I dont have to glance at her every minute or so.

I still have 1 more Mix-It input so I might go with a radar detector. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one that has audio output?

Wingman

·
Registered
84 Posts
install a J&M CB.
Yea I really don't wanna have to go the bank to take out a loan :lol:

I have found that I prefer earbuds as opposed to helmet mounted speakers. Starcom sells a microphone with a stereo jack for the purpose of using ear buds. Now I just to find the right ptt harness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I actually have one...but its a single-pin harness for an FRS radio so I doubt that would work with the Midland

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to gget a valentine one, which it appears you have. Where does one get that mounting plate shown in your picture?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Bike looks good !! I have to say - I love your avatar. That made me laugh out loud and spit my coffee !!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
where can one order the pat walsh goodies?
what kind of side bags are those?, I like the fact that the left side is tucked in nicely

cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts