StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farkling.. Is that a word or even spelled correctly?

Last week my Weld86 skid plate came and today my Givi tank bag and Sena headset arrived. I spent a few minutes in the garage installing the skid plate and the tank bag hardware.

Installing the Sena on my helmet was much more involved than either of the parts on the bike. Now I will be able to listen to music and talk to my riding companion when we head on the road.

I apparently must up my post count to post pictures, but am usually a "quiet" person so it may take a while. Hopefully I can do it before I get some trips in.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

F.A.R.K.L.E. -- Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have much more planned for the near future, but the current CND/US exchange rate is kinda dampening the speed at which I can do it. Everything from the US is going to cost me ~23% more now. At least I am still employed, employer laid off 20% of the people last friday.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I will be slowing down the constant purchases as well as I retire shortly. I am praying they lay me off, though, for the 12 months of severance.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah, that was my plan too, but it was Sofa King bad, I said "gotta go now".
Never regretted it. Picked up the odd project which made it all work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might have to see about getting some heated riding gear this season. Gotta extend the time on the bike somehow. Riding season is short enough as it is. Aux lighting is first though.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Very nice. I just got the Sena SMH10 too and mounted it in my GMax GM54s and am shocked by how well it works with that helmet. Folks on the phone can't even tell I am on the bike and it sounds better than the Bluetooth in my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium.

I need a tank bag like that now. Is that a Givi XS307? I have just about everything else already or on order. Waiting for the PC-8 to finish wiring my USB dual socket on the handlebars and Denali DR1's. I have a Dan Vesel highway pegs/mount on order too.

I put over 1100 miles on my new 2013 DL650A in just over three weeks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my 2013 late last year and somehow managed to clock in over 2300km before the cold/snow interfered with that. Hope to get tons more this year, just need to get some waterproof footwear. I really do love this bike, but I pretty much love any bike I ride. Every bike has it's quirks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my Happy Trails centerstand today. I had it on in under 15 minutes, including signing for the package at the door. Working afternoon shift can have it's benefits. This should make my chain maintenance less of a chore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I got and installed my Adventure Tech fork brace and foot peg/control lowering kit. Look to be well made and the instructional video is quite good. Will evaluate their effectiveness over the week with my commute.
Pics because it did happen:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just installed my fork brace. I went for a quick test ride. I don't want to go home now. Problem is that I don't have clean undies for tomorrow. Wow is the perfect word. WoW

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just installed my fork brace. I went for a quick test ride. I don't want to go home now. Problem is that I don't have clean undies for tomorrow. Wow is the perfect word. WoW
Thanks for this glowing summary, I have been debating in my head if I need one.
Decision made.:wink2:

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I notice the difference mainly on the interstate and higher speeds. I actually tend to not ride there much but I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Farkling is FUNNNNN!

LOL...I got my 2013 Wee Adv las August and have been farkling away on it since (see additions in my sig below)...think I have it righttttt about where I want it now. (Although suspension tweaks are negotiable at this point...)

It's a nice way to personalize your ride, make it what you want and into something unique.

I've haven't quite come up with the proper acronym for the Wee yet, but I know on my BMW (R1150GS, aka, "the fuel mule"), it didn't take long before I realized one of the definitions of BMW...Bring More Wallet!

When I had my 1970 MGB GT, it didn't take long for my wife to come up with one for that...MGB = "My God, Boy! WHAT have you bought for that car NOWWWWW!?!" :grin2:

Reactions: mr_anonymous

·
Registered
26 Posts
:jawdrop:
Haha I'm so with you on that. I refuse to say wee, glee or farkle.
You just did!
:jawdrop:

I'm pretty lucky that when I got my 650 ADV used, it already had about $500-600 worth of the exact same kinds of accessories I would have added myself: skid plate, fork brace, handguards, various Touratech guard thingies, and black reflective tape added to the panniers and frame.

I just ordered my own first mods for the bike this weekend: a set of Tusk handlebar risers and a pair of Grip Puppies for the handgrips. I know...baby steps. I am debating whether to buy some LED H4 replacement bulbs or just spring for a set of aux lights. I'm trying to save money for a road trip next week and the LED bulbs seem like the smart budget option.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts