StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else find that there is almost more pleasure to be had in researching, shopping for, planning an installation of a farkle than there is in owning said farkle? What is it? The thrill of the hunt? The acquisition of things? The love of a good project?
I swear I hardly get something installed before I start dreaming of something new. It's like a sickness really.
Hi I'm Bob and I'm a farkoholic. :var_54:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
to quote a much maligned (by me anyway) right wing talk show host, "mega-dittos."

as soon as i dropped over $1k on bags (they hadn't even arrived yet!), i started planning for my next expenditure.

hi, i'm teevee and i'm a farcoholic.:var_54:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cruiser guys add chrome and engraving (and exhaust pipes) - WEE riders add . . . . personalized necessities!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought a wee so I didn't have chrome to polish... I now try to keep my Wee clean and shiny often a harder job than polishing chrome! And I thoroughly enjoy looking for farkles, much to the beloved wife's chagrin:)

I've already mentally purchased bags and such for the 2014 1000 I want to buy in a few years!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
And I sure can't throw mud at the chrome lovers either . . . . my wife loves to break my chops about the $40 "sticker" I applied to my wee. :mrgreen:
And i thought the $3 tank pad (sticker) i bought was expensive when i found a chinese seller post it for $1.50 :green_lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've heavily farkled everything I've ever owned....bicycles, dirtbikes, quads, snowmobiles, jeeps, trucks, guns, bows, computers etc.etc....pretty much addicted to farkling...

I'm norsepeak and I'm a farkaholic! :hurray:

They say the first step is admitting it...:yikes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
And i thought the $3 tank pad (sticker) i bought was expensive when i found a chinese seller post it for $1.50 :green_lol:
Just curious... is there an actual purpose for those stickers? The Katana I just got rid of had one I think, but they seem common.

edit - and I still hate that word. farkle. awful.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Group meetings on Tuesdays . . . . .

Yeah, I'd say it's definitely a disease. I had the bike apart doing some mods and was already planning what to start doing once I had the bike back together.

So now I sit here looking at the parts I'm slowly accumulating for my next farkle install spree and wondering . . . . why don't I have more stuff?!

Hi, my name is JacketSlacker and I'm a farkleholic.

p.s. Does anyone else have a mental voice that sounds like Beavis and Butthead when they say farkle? Maybe it's just me.

heh heh, he said farkle......

·
Registered
818 Posts
And I sure can't throw mud at the chrome lovers either . . . . my wife loves to break my chops about the $40 "sticker" I applied to my wee. :mrgreen:
oooo, vandgo61, where'd you get that 'sticker'??

·
Registered
618 Posts
I paid $5200 for my wee back in 2010 (it was a low mileage 2009). Although I have not totaled it up yet, I am guessing I have spent nearly as much on farkles as I did for the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Just curious... is there an actual purpose for those stickers? The Katana I just got rid of had one I think, but they seem common.

I have the Tank Bra on my 'o8 wee, wife has the sticker on her '12 wee, It's to protect the paint, your jacket zipper may rub the paint off in due time. Othesr may try to say wittingly it's the crotch that does the paint damage.

As for Farkling, just glad my insurance covers $3000.00 of extra equipment....it's amazing what one can put on a wee in 5+ years.

Hi - I'm Andreas and I'm a Farkaholic........but I can quit anytime :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
144 Posts

Technically, on sportbikes they do, cause the tank is relatively high amd you're leaning closely to it, so its "supposed" to: 1/provide some friction/stickiness to the tank. 2/ protrct your tank from scratches by your jacket zipper, belt buckle, ...etc
But i personally just put one on my Wee cause it looks nice and thats the reason most people put it on any bike :thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the Tank Bra on my 'o8 wee
Is that the one you have? Cause i've been looking for one too, preferrably a 34DD :green_lol:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi I'm Robert, and I'm a farkoholic.
I really glad the OP started this thread, now I can come out of the closet.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
They say if you do "it" too much, it will make you go blind.....I assume they were talking about buying farkles?? Now............where did I put my glasses...........:headbang::confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hate the word, and I hate the process. I'd rather be out riding/spending my money on gas.

Sure, I have a few functional "farkles," but I bought a motorcycle to escape and unplug, not to spend hours online researching the newest gizmo or gadget.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
A new bike is a lot like a blank canvas, ready for the paint. But after 7 happy years of ownership, the canvas is full. There is really not much more I can do to the bike.

I'd like to buy a new bike to begin the process all over again, but it would feel like abandoning a faithful friend.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know, I really just enjoy tinkering out in my garage. For me thats what it comes down to. I restored 2 old bikes and I really enjoyed the process. Then I bought a new late model Triumph, but couldn't resist personalizing it. Getting it just the way I liked, I rode it for a few years and then became restless and needed a new project. The terrible part is , it's a sure fire money loser. I love my Wee and want to hang on to it, but I sure wouldn't mind having another old bike to fix up. My wife ( God bless her) has been very understanding so far. But in fairness to her, there is not an unlimited supply, of her patience and our money. Haha...oh well:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I just can't bring myself to say the f word unless it has a fanny in front of it

1 - 20 of 61 Posts