StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there will be one less Stromtrooper on the road in Minnesota. No, I'm not selling the bike. I have accepted a job in Seattle and will move there by the end of the month.

Goodbye long cold winters and hello long rainy winters... oh, but rainy = year round riding!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Have fun in Seattle, probably better riding out there anyway, at least more elevation change and Mountains near by. Great seafood too!

Don't care if SteveT says MN and WI are enough. Actual mountains are Great, real sea's are better then Great Lakes.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Welcome to the No Personal INcome Tax state!! Lots of great riding both on the east and west side... More on the east side I think since I have lived on both...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Have fun in Seattle, probably better riding out there anyway, at least more elevation change and Mountains near by. Great seafood too!

Don't care if SteveT says MN and WI are enough. Actual mountains are Great, real sea's are better then Great Lakes.
BLAHHHHHH!

Yeah, the Olympic Mountains are something to behold when you can see them. July through September you'll think you are in heaven. October through June you'll think you're in a cloud. But 12 month riding potential does have its merits! And remember this, at just about any point in the rainy season, get on the east side of the Cascade Mountains (about 75 miles east to the top of the Continental Divide) and the weather will likely be very nice, any month of the year (temperatures not withstanding).

(5 years in Moscow, ID for me, '95-'00, with several trips to Seattle to see in-laws.)

We never met, but best of luck to you anyway!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the well wishes. I actually know the area quite well as I grew up in Seattle prior to moving to Minnesota. The only problem with enjoying the nice year round weather on the east side of the mountains is that you have to navigate the passes to get there. Fun during the summer, not so fun during the winter.

SteveT, Moscow ID? My g-parents live in Lewsiton. I've spent a few summers there. Nice steep hills to play on. Woot!

Cheers

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

100% agreed. After a recent trip to Yellowstone, I've decided that I need to ride in more mountains. Those are true twisties. The kind that Kellher never offered!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well, I have to agree. Other then the Battle River Bulff the entire Kelliher area is pretty much flat almost swamp land.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
SteveT, Moscow ID? My g-parents live in Lewsiton. I've spent a few summers there. Nice steep hills to play on. Woot!

Cheers
Oh, the old Lewiston Grade. When I first got to Moscow and then drove the old grade, I about messed my shorts. I could not look anywhere other than 2 seconds past the hood of the car. By the time I left the area, flying up and down those grades was a walk in the park.

Welcome home... again!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm getting pretty damn excited to get out of Dodge. Keep the rubber down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts