Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Back by popular demand...:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

The first tour was such a blast we're doing it again! Please join Versys Girl and I for another fall leaf peeping ride through the mountains of Maine and New Hampshire.

DATE: 3-5 Oct 14

Reservations Link: Grafton Notch Campground

Reservations may be made starting 15 Mar. Mo is holding the entire campground for us until 1 Jun (So...book early). There are only 13 sites available, but we can double and triple up as necessary. Sites are $25 per night for the first 2 riders with additional campers at $5 per night. (6 people max)

Let me know when you've secured a site and I'll add you to the attendee list.

Once all sites are booked it's up to you to coordinate doubling and tripling up.

Itinerary:

Friday: Arrive at campground. Group supper at the Suds Pub (Time- 5pm-ish): The Suds Pub - Bethel Maine Entertainment, Bethel Maine Pubs, Bethel Maine Music, Sunday River Dining, Restaurants Near Sunday River, Bethel Maine Nightlife, Bethel Maine Pub

Saturday: Breakfast in the morning (8am) at the Crossroads Diner in Bethel. Routed day ride, depart diner (9am)

Group supper Sat eve: roosters roadhouse | dining Bethel, Maine | pub burgers, steaks, pizza

Sunday: Break camp, breakfast and depart.

Ride Link: TBD (Yes there will be dirt)

Attendees:

Bigman
Site. Chirosyd
Site 5: BabaAus
Site 7: Newhoko
Site 11: Psykledelic
Site 13: Tnkrplt & Versys Girl
Site 14: Woodentoy

Local Links:

Fall Foliage Map Link: New England Foliage Map - Yankee Foliage - Your Source for New England Fall Foliage

Weather Forecast Link:http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new...onyr=10/1/2013

What to do in Bethel: Bethel Maine

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Thank you and your lovely wife for undertaking this event.
If you need assistance with any aspect, please do not hesitate to ask.

So far, N.E.V.A. Berkshire and the Fall Peep Show. My riding season is shaping up.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
Went through Grafton Notch last September. Stopped at Screw Auger Falls and on up to Beaver Brooks Falls then back down to Conway. Gorgeous area. A repeat is tempting but probably not this year.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking a lot like deja vu all over again. I'm in. Put in a request for site 11.

Many thanks, Tankerpilot and Versys Girl!

And thanks, Aus, for the heads up!

Tom

·
Registered
898 Posts
Site 5. Talked with Mo, this morning. They got another 14 inches of snow overnight. The ski areas are happy but the bikers ain't.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Site 5. Talked with Mo, this morning. They got another 14 inches of snow overnight. The ski areas are happy but the bikers ain't.

Yes we did! I XC ski 4-5 times a week so loving that aspect of it, but I'm itching to get the bikes out. This is the first March we haven't been able to. My path on the side of the house looks like a bobsled run at the moment!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Yes we did! I XC ski 4-5 times a week so loving that aspect of it, but I'm itching to get the bikes out. This is the first March we haven't been able to. My path on the side of the house looks like a bobsled run at the moment!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Pete,
Hope the snow is gone by October!:green_lol:
Looking to pick up my Vee2 at the end of this week. I WILL ride as soon as the temp. cooperates even a little. The potholes here in the Adirondacks this year are nothing short of legendary. I wonder if the local municipalities and/or the State of New York have the $$$ to properly fix the roads.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Part Deux

Tanker Pilot,

Did you name the gathering in this manner so as not to confuse the Canadiens? :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Tnkrplt,
Great looking adventure bike. Looks loaded, and great color.
Does the boss know about this?:green_lol:

1 - 20 of 322 Posts