StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Canadians going to Maine next week for the Fall leaf peeping ride?

I will be leaving on Friday a.m. From Montreal on a day trip to meet the rest of the group camping in Newry Maine. Looking for directions from Downtown Montreal over any small border crossing from Quebec into Vermont. We want to stay in Northern Vermont cross over into Northern New Hampshire (maybe get lucky and see a moose!), And drop down to Newry/Bethel Maine. Any route suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
806 Posts

I will be leaving on Friday a.m. From Montreal on a day trip to meet the rest of the group camping in Newry Maine. Looking for directions from Downtown Montreal over any small border crossing from Quebec into Vermont. We want to stay in Northern Vermont cross over into Northern New Hampshire (maybe get lucky and see a moose!), And drop down to Newry/Bethel Maine. Any route suggestions?:confused:
Hi Syd. Good to hear from you.
I'm not going but I'm sure the guys I rode down to Lake Placid with Phil and Alex are.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the head's up.
Enjoy the rest of the season, see you in the Berkshires next summer.:thumbup:

·
Registered
232 Posts

Syd of course I can suggest routes.
I am surprised you didn't pm me to tell me you were coming up to Montreal.
But the hey with all the beautiful women in Montreal, I wouldn't want me around either.
I hope you still have my coordinates from last time.
The exit from Montreal is not very exciting for the first 30-40 minutes in any direction but after that the scenery improves.
I have a preference for crossing either at Morse's Line or at Highwater.
Either side runs parallel to the border.
I will put up another post with the routes, but I have 2 questions. Have you been through Stowe down the 108 - a bit of a detour but worth it - it should still be open. Have you travelled the wine route in Quebec down through Freilighsburg and Abercorn - Glen Sutton?
Choices my friend, life is all about choices. Let me know which direction you would prefer. I will suggest some routes. I know the area well ok farily well - I haven't travelled all the dirt roads yet.
Danny C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts