StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might post again, and see if I could get a group together for a Sunday Morning / Afternoon foliage ride sometime(?) in October. I'd like to meet in Columbus at about 9:00 AM or so, and head out by 10 AM. I figure we could all meet for dinner afterwards...

No specific route in mind, but I've always been partial to the area around Athens OH and Nelsonville. To start, I was thinking a quick hop out to Pickerington and then onto more interesting roads...

If you have suggestions on a route or specific date, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Somewhere someone mentioned a ride this Sunday the 21st. I might be able to move some things around for a short 2/3hr ride. Otherwise, A weekend in mid to later Oct could be the berries.

·
Registered
170 Posts
for the most part, I am pretty much always up for a ride.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ride on Sunday, October 26th?

Looks like Sunday, October 26th is good for me, and the foliage should be nicely colorful by then. I'll go ahead and put together a post with directions to the starting point and specifics for the Events section of the site.

Thanks for your interest! Looking forward to riding with some fellow DL enthusiasts.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Looks like Sunday, October 26th is good for me, and the foliage should be nicely colorful by then. I'll go ahead and put together a post with directions to the starting point and specifics for the Events section of the site.

Thanks for your interest! Looking forward to riding with some fellow DL enthusiasts.
The foliage and color will be all but gone....better do it much earlier.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Pick a day when it's not going to rain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fall Ride, October 26th (Sunday) 10:00 AM

I'm posting this announcement on the Events Page as well. Hope to see all of you there.

Attention fellow DL'ers and other interested parties...

In an effort to put names with faces and to kill a Sunday along the roads of Southern Ohio, I'm putting together a ride for Sunday October 26th. We will meet at Luck Bros. Coffee in Grandview OH at 10:00 AM on Sunday, set out for the ride at 10:30, and return sometime after 3:00 PM. The route will feature a generous helping of twisty back roads as well as one or two sites of historical and/or prehistorical significance. I will have route sheets and maps for everyone. The ride will proceed rain or shine.

Luck Bros. coffee (http://luckbroscoffeehouse.com/cms/) is located at 1101 W. 1st Ave, Grandview, OH 43212.

Please drop me a line at [email protected] if you are interested in coming or have questions.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hmmmm?

So, like I said in my e-mail, I'm liking this Oct 26th idea and am penciling in the date on my calendar. Pickerington sounds good. We going to the museum? Weather in WNY is going to be excellent this weekend and our little posse is going to be on the road somewhere, possibly up in the Finger Lakes around Penn Yan. Hope the weather for the Ohio weekend is just as nice. Perhaps an offering would be good idea. Anybody got a goat?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Count me in for the 26th. There's a COG ride leaving SR13 & I70 on 10-19-08 at 1000 hours as well. I've ridden with this group and had a great time.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I hope the leaves are still in color by then. From the looks of it, this weekend might have been the one to do it...

I work Sunday mornings, so I will bid the rest of you a fun and safe time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
To chime in on the peak of the color.... I was down around Mcarthur and Laurelville this week and the color is nice, but I would not say we are at the peak just yet. I noticed alot of the maples are turning, but the hillsides that have alot of oaks are still mostly green. You can't go wrong this weekend or next.

On a side note, you guys should make sure you hit Rt 56 down to Athens and if you go through the hocking hills don't forget Thompson Ridge Rd.(my personal favorite twisty rd) It it on the Rt. hand side leaving Laurelville. It was just paved last year and the views from the top of the hill give the "rim of the world" overlook near Glouster a run for it's money. Simply beautiful this time of year. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
To chime in on the peak of the color.... I was down around Mcarthur and Laurelville this week and the color is nice, but I would not say we are at the peak just yet. I noticed alot of the maples are turning, but the hillsides that have alot of oaks are still mostly green. You can't go wrong this weekend or next.

On a side note, you guys should make sure you hit Rt 56 down to Athens and if you go through the hocking hills don't forget Thompson Ridge Rd.(my personal favorite twisty rd) It it on the Rt. hand side leaving Laurelville. It was just paved last year and the views from the top of the hill give the "rim of the world" overlook near Glouster a run for it's money. Simply beautiful this time of year. Enjoy

Yes......56 East is awesome, so is 664 on the way to it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I did a run through the SE OH area last Saturday. Hardly any color yet. Timing looks good for the fall scenery IMO.

I'll probably be in the north Colos. area next weekend and think there's a good chance I'll show up for the ride.

So, how's the wet traction on bald Tourances?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts