StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on 02 does the fairing seperate top(black) from bottum(blue). smashed left side into small boulders and pressed in the left blinker amoung other items. adventures are fun

·
Registered
351 Posts
f

If you start taking off the side fairing allen head bolts it looks it will come a part fairly easily.
The best thing you can buy for the VS is the crash guards. They have saved major damage to my bike a few times.

Scooter

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crash

actually have crash bars and they did save fairing but the left bliker lost out to tough bigo rock

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: f

[quote The best thing you can buy for the VS is the crash guards. They have saved major damage to my bike a few times.

Scooter[/quote]

Scooter,
Which bars do you have? Any particular reason you chose that one over the others available?
-David

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
timk said:
on 02 does the fairing seperate top(black) from bottum(blue). smashed left side into small boulders and pressed in the left blinker amoung other items. adventures are fun
Sorry to hear about the mishap!

An increasingly popular mod for V-Stroms in the Pacific Northwest is replacing the front turn signals with wedge-type surface mount turn signal/running light assemblies like these from Lockhart Phillips.

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=133

These protrude less than 2 inches from the side of the fairing so punch-through damage from minor drops isn't nearly as likely if you have crashbars installed. Two sizes are available. They look fantastic on the 'Strom and you get the added bonus of your front turn signals become much more visible from vehicles approaching you from the side. It's a dirt cheap $40 mod that takes about an hour. I'll have a feeling my 'Strom will be getting this treatment later this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts