StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairing lowers for my black ;04 arrived today from Eurobikes. Wow! They look great and the quality is top notch, but......a bag of fasteners with no instructions (just a couple of small pictures on a piece of paper showing fastening points.)
I've assembled a ton of kids toys and bicycles with chinese instructions, but this doesn't cut it. 8)
Anybody installed a set of these? I just need pointers on what brackets and fasteners go where.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will soon have the same problem as mine are supposedly on the way. If you end up with the trial-and-error technique, could you take some photos or write a description of what you learn? I have a French translator handy, but if all you get is some pictograms and heiroglyphics, I guarantee I'll be dazed and confused . . .

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed this weekend in about an hour. 10 fasteners total - 3 per side + 4 to bolt the chin together at the front. No problems (though I did have to dremel one bracket so that it would lay flush on the left side engine side cover. The trickiest mount point to discover was the supplied bracket which has to be attached to the forward side stand bolt (backside underneath).
Hope I didn't just confuse the heck out of you. I wish I could post a couple of pics but I can't figure out how to do it on this site. Good luck and you will love the look! 8)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try this link to the manufacturer's site:

http://www.jmvconcept.fr/TempSite/17155.asp?rang=

...then scroll down to the 7th and 8th photos, a silver DL650 and an orange KLV1000, which is just a DL1000 in a Halloween costume.
These are the fairings Eurobikes distributes in the US. There is also a hugger-type fender for the DL that you can find on the site.

Clearly there is no way to have these lowers and engine guards too, but I went for looks over function (my taste in women is that way too). So with the lowers I recommend the optional Suzuki centerstand, since 90% of V-Stroms that land on their sides appear to do that while parked, on the %#%)* factory sidestand . . .

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hmmm. The design is very similar to the lower fairing on an FJR1300 Yamaha, IIRC. I wonder if those cool extenders that Yamaha sells could be adapted to these. Did I miss the part where price was discussed? How much, shipping included, are we talking about? Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
nearly off topic, but I would like to find a way to adapt an ST1100 or ST1300 or Beemer RT fairing [the whole thing] to the DL

anyone in the states know of good salvage companies that get ditched bikes?

Z

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey zapp...........

"nearly off topic, but I would like to find a way to adapt an ST1100 or ST1300 or Beemer RT fairing [the whole thing] to the DL"

thats the best idea ive heard about the vstrom.

roy

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hmm

looks like it may block some air flow to the oil cooler.. folks may want to keep an eye on that... looks cool. but I am getting the skid plate..

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which side does the larger bracket go on? What is the plastic spacer for? The install looks pretty simple, I just don't want to damage anything by using the wrong part in the wrong place.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone have other links for these pics? I am not having any luck viewing these, and would really like to see the lowers.

Thanks,
Kurt

·
Registered
33 Posts
Beware of Eurobikes

Some of us have been waiting for our lower fairings for 10-13 weeks . Every week there is a new excuse. Last week Eurobikes CALLED me at home and told me the fairings were on the way to my house. Two days later still no fairings. Three days later I called Eurobikes and was told "We made a mistake" and I wouldn't be getting my lower fairings for an additional 3 weeks. Of course, they've had my money since June 1st.

The Vicar

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just looked at the sites for the distributor. I no longer see the fairing listed. This has me a bit concerned. I am planing that the next bike (next summer) will be a V-strom. However, I really want the lower fairing; as I tend to ride in temps down to the low 40's.

Are they still available and how much should I expect to spend?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eurobikes doesnt have it on their website, you actually have to call them about the lower fairing for the vstrom. At this time I would not recommend them at all, as Vicar has said, we have been waiting far too long for these to arrive, and they have had our money for the whole time. There is absolutely no reason for them to do business this way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts