StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I saw a GS with some aftermarket little fairing pieces below the tank to act like "fairing lowers" to protect the legs a bit more. They looked to be nicely made acrylic and were transparent smokey grey in color.

Have you seen 'em? Do you know who makes them? Are they available for the VStrom?

randy in ventura

·
Registered
144 Posts
What you saw was most likely from AeroFlow. They ONLY make stuff for BMWs. I highly recommend their products. LOTS of R&D with rider AND passenger. I had their product (windshield and lowers) on my 1999 BMW Roadster. Best wind protection you can get for that bike. Very nice and warm to ride behind in the winter, but too hot to ride behind in the summer because there was little air flow to the rider. I removed the lowers, got more air, but more noise and turbulence too. It's all a compromise. The Strom would definitely benefit from something like that.

I'm still tapping my foot and waiting for Rifle to get their screen into production. Rifle has been saying it will be out in a month.....for the last 6 months! It may not solve the problem if part of the problem is needing lowers. ANYBODY (manufacturers, etc.) OUT THERE LISTENING??

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those fairing lowers look sharp :!: Please keep us up-to-date. Maybe we can get a group order or maybe one of the European members can help out.

Bad news is that it looks like I might have to remove my SW-Motech bars :cry:

Mike
Tampa, FL
'05 DL650

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's hard to tell from the picture, but it doesn't look like those fairing lowers provide much leg protection. They seem to be designed for appearance more than anything.

Bob

·
Registered
312 Posts
more than appearance

I dunno... to me it looks like there is a point at the front, making it like a wedge that should shed smooth air out the sides instead of the turbulence the lumpy front normally inspires

zapp

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the looks of the lowers and the chainguard. It reminds me of the new KTM Superduke coming out soon. If they come in factory matched colors that would be great. It really alters the appearance kind of like the lowers for the SV1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lower fairing available.

I emailed JMV. They forwarded me to Eurobikes. They can get the lower fairing. Here is their response:

YES, THE LOWER FAIRINGS RETAIL FOR $389.99 PAINTED FACTORY COLOR, WE DO OFFER A GROUP SPECIAL FOR FORM MEMBERS. PLEASE CONTACT WALTER AT 703-257-9500. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

I think Form members is us. I am probably going to do it this spring. I think it makes the bike look a lot better.

:lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those look nice. I will probably go with the tough off-road look more than the sleek sport-touring look with mine, ie: crash bars and bash plate. I tend to scratch things :x and with a tough looking bike, it kinda adds caracter rather than just looking dinged up. But those are really nice and if I can keep it "scratch free" for more than a year or so....maybe I will get a set :D Great Find!! :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They will take individual orders. I believe the company that makes them will paint them to factory spec - but I also think that it is European factory spec - although I don't know that for sure. I was thinking that Europe had different colors available than the US...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Europe gets about 5 choices of color for the 2005. I'm jealous. I'm guessing it's because the V-Strom sells better there, since the whole dual sport thing hasn't yet really caught on in N. America.

Bob

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a set of the JMV lowers a couple weeks ago from Eurobikes (Manassas, VA) in factory-match silver for my DL1000K3. They estimated 3-4 weeks to get them over the Atlantic and on to me, total a little over $400 U.S. The sales guy said they had already ordered a "test set" Eurobikes will install on a local bike to make sure they know how to respond to questions. I'll report and try to post photos when they come. I was told they ship with a full mount kit and instructions (probably in French, but I have a good translator handy). If you order they will need your paint code (not name, code) which is in the service manual - and the service manual is online at http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/VStrom.html, the paint codes are on about the 3d page.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lowers

8) They look cool but not much good if you have crash bars on :cry:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The sales guy said they had already ordered a "test set" Eurobikes will install on a local bike to make sure they know how to respond to questions.
Too bad you couldnt convince them your bike would make an excellent test trial, a free set to be the guiny pig would be a good deal.
Cant see how you can put protectors on though,bit of a concern,more plastic to scratch an no way I can see to protect it.
:? Dooh silly me it's easy when you think about it dont fall over, I really must remember that. :lol: [/quote]

·
Registered
312 Posts
losing it

ok, I'm losing touch here.... what website has pics of this rig on the DL's ? i see for SV..... but not Strom. I'm obviously missing something.

help

z

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: losing it

zapp said:
ok, I'm losing touch here.... what website has pics of this rig on the DL's ? i see for SV..... but not Strom. I'm obviously missing something.

help

z
Zapp are you clicking on Luck II link, definatly V-Strom's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts