StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am working on gettin my dl650 on a serious diet and do a naked version so I was curious to see if any of you guys ever weight the all fairing with headlight , I most likely will go with single headlight or mayb e a dual buell.

Thanks

( and yes I could take the one from my bike and weight it but if soemeone did it...)

Hendi

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nobody has measured the weight difference between what he took off and what he put on. You are gonna be the first one.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Didn't think to weigh mine when I had it off.

I do remember thinking that it would be really frickin' awesome to get rid of all that heavy mess and bolt on a simple headlight.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
hendi, try to get in touch with glitch_oz. he's done several really radical vstrom makeovers that include replacing the entire fairing/headlight combo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fairing

hi Guys I weight mine and the fairing is 18 pounds with the light , not sure yet what I will put so my guess is the weight saving shouldbe very minimal .

·
Registered
213 Posts
hi Guys I weight mine and the fairing is 18 pounds with the light , not sure yet what I will put so my guess is the weight saving shouldbe very minimal .
Thank you. That is what (almost) I thought it has to be, mine estimation was 5 to 7 kilos, but there are many confirmed by nothing opinions that this weight is 30 pounds...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
light

my choice to go with a no fairing is for off road purpose the loss of weight should be very minimal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went the same route. Final weight savings close to 10 pounds but a completely different handling. That weight is not so out in front.

I went with a single headlight, kept the OEM instrument cluster and install a little windshield. No buffeting, feels really agile in the twisties and off-road though I think that is my perception and not a fact. Working on adding an extension to the tank bra to cover the "unfinished" area of the tank.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts