StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some electrics to sell, and since I never see them for sale used, wasn't sure what a reasonably fair markdown/"ebay discount" would be for gerbings and warm-n-safe stuff would be compared to retail, both for NWT and for very gently used.

I never thought I'd do it, but given the kid and other commitments, I don't see myself back on a bike any time soon, and just need the money more than a I need a closet with electric clothes in it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
do a search over on advrider for the items you have for sale. There is a constant amount of goods being sold there and then you can have a reasonable idea of what the going rate is. Since you can also view old ads when you do a search, it should be a pretty simple way to get an idea of how much items actually got sold for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+1
ADV is a great place for info and market info. It attracts riders of all brands and riding styles so much greater exposure.
I belong to bike specific forums, both great for info on that particular bike.... but ADV is so much more.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
In the 70s all the way to mid 90s would buy used stuff and resale not wanted. Still have a lot but ones sold made up for ones not. A few years ago after getting elc. gloves new got a like new jacket. The place us old coots were meeting three time a week then had lots of other people at it. A guy around my age came up to me and told me he and his so small wife had got winter stuff to ride the wing but both did not take to it and would like to sell it. Went in lot with him and raised the boot of his Mustang.He had his jacket and gloves. I got the jacket for $80 and friend grabbed the gloves for$30 before I could. Next week he came to me again and wanted to sell me the rest. Three HJC helmets ,three with speakers,and her never used jacket a small. Told him the jacket was so small a kid about only place I could make any money. He offered me the three helmets for $100.Told him $100 for all and after a no told me come back and take them.Sold the speakers for $35,Used two of the like new helmets,and still have the so small jacket with control. Man wish that jacket was bigger. Have got a truck load from people that were told I would make a offer on motorcycle stuff. A nice lady gave me a Harley frame just to move it last month.Wish it had been a hard tail but a swing arm with out the swingarm:grin2:.Looks to be good and front wheel but no forks.Look around awhile before a buy.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My Gerbing two channel controller only works on one channel (garment). I'd love to have a good two-garment controller if you have one. Text price to 360 271-9731. Thank you, Bobby

·
Registered
318 Posts
I sold a new Warm & Safe wireless two circuit troller and Gen 4 liner for $240cad a couple years ago if that helps at all. Whenever I go to sell something, I check what that item has previously sold for on ebay to give me an idea of market value.

My Gerbing two channel controller only works on one channel (garment). I'd love to have a good two-garment controller if you have one. Text price to 360 271-9731. Thank you, Bobby
Used to have a Gerbing wired troller which I used for exactly one ride before selling, the Warm & Safe wireless troller is infinitely better and nicer to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts