StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where on earth can one find the lock plate for the factory top case as shown in the bottom of the diagram below? It didn't come with my friend's case that he bought 2nd hand, and the dealer is telling him that's the only way to get it, with a new case.

Anyone have a way of getting one or an extra?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to be clear, he has the lock cylinder, he just needs the lock plate that for some stupid odd reason does not come with the keyed lock cylinder?!?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, unfortunately, the plate that comes with the lock cylinders are not what is needed for the case. I know, doesn't make any sense right? If you look at the instructions they ask you to remove that plate and replace with the lock plate.

·
Registered
969 Posts
That sucks. You can't replace the whole lock cylinder from Suzuki? I'd get out some files and a drill and make one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know for a fact they can be re-keyed.....My ADV addition luggage was all re-keyed. When it was ordered for the bike it came without locks.

To still get away with having one key on the bike, They also re-keyed the ignition with the same lock set.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the problem is the PLATE that screws on the back of the key cylinder is not included with the key cylinders! So a whole new set of key cylinders would still do me no good to lock the top case down because the lock plate doesn't come with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys Im the one with the problem. When I received my bike, adventure model, it should have come with an extra lock incase I wanted to purchase the factory top box, which I did. So the dealer ordered me another lock, which I have. What I don't have is the plate, which mounts directly to the lock cylinder. Its a small round silver piece with a small nub on it, the nub is what actually goes into the hole and allows the case to be locked. My dealership says that piece should have come with the hardware for the top box but mine didn't. They also said Suzuki does not have a part number for it so it cant be ordered. Any help would sure be appreciated, as it is right now I have a top box that I cant lock or lock to the bike. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts