StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know what the power or current draw is for teh Suzuki heated grips? I am getting ready to order my Sargeant saddle, and am thinking of getting the heat option. I am also condsidering a heated vest, and do not want to over tax teh electricals.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A heated vest and grips is about all it can handle for heated gear without pulling a headlight connector. Your butt is probably the last thing that needs heat anyway. After torso and hands, I'd put feet next. Hands are so important, I use heated grips and gloves.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
After torso and hands, I'd put feet next. Hands are so important, I use heated grips and gloves.
Agreed on the feet, although it depends on how long you're gonna be out. With jacket liner and heated grips, I can handle an hour at 20 degrees F before my feet are too cold to ride.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Does any one know what the power or current draw is for teh Suzuki heated grips?
Can't answer your question as far as current draw, but unless you're in love with the OEM grips for some reason consider the HotGrips from Oxford. They're much cheaper, heat all the way around the grip (I've heard the OEM grips don't), and they're a snap to install. I love mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
heated grips

my favoret grip heaters are made by kimpex they are a printed circut that is pressure sensative and go under your favoret grips i've had them on all my bikes dirt and street 25.99 at dennis kirk. honda grip glue is the best also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts