StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was online looking for information about heated grips when I saw several posts about buying the factory ones. I bought part number 57100-06860 . I tried to install them yesterday but had a very difficult time trying to hook up the throttle cables. The dia of the section where the cable goes looks the same but I cant get the cable to attach. I don't have any problem when I put the original grip back on. I quit trying yesterday and put everything back together with the original grips. I did leave the part of the wiring attached so I wouldn't have to search for the stupid black connector. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
22,267 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.

Randy, Can you tell me how you were able to get the throttle cable to fit. I read the post about grinding some of the "extra" plastic away but if you were able to figure out something else that would be great.

John.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heated grips ABS 07 650

I had heated grip on order for my 2007 ABS 650. After reading the post here I found out the ABS is different than non ABS. So regular 650 heated grips do not fit. Dealer also looked into it and said the same thing. I hear one can ream out a set of heated grips for the DL1000, and they will fit the 650 ABS.

Hopefully they will come out with something from Suzuki that will fit the ABS 650.

·
Registered
4 Posts
oem heated grips

I just got my heated grips and I am confused. I not sure if I have the right ones or not. The suzuki dealer says they are. I scanned the instructions, attached file. Does anyone know if these will work on an 07 DL1000.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts