StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gotta agree,...in my 57 years of motorcycling this is the easiest stand to use,...and it goes "over-centre" noticeably which is a safety feature. Maybe some engineers actually looked at the physics when doing the redesign!!!

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
I went with the stocker. I liked the looks of the extra support bar on the leg.

Super easy to raise the bike.

I used a strong piece of string and a long screwdriver with the rear wheel as leverage to get the springs on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 DL 1000, only options for a center stand seem to be Krauser and SW Motech, about the same price. Any advice to choose between the two

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used quarters in between each spring link and it went on easily!
I had a problem with the stock center stand for some reason. One side was longer than the other! I took it to the dealer and they checked it and agreed it was wrong. They replaced it and that one was also put together wrong. So, they refunded the cost and I went with an SW Motech. It works well and lifts easily. Must have just been a bad batch of center stands I guess. But, he quarter trick works well!

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
I used quarters in between each spring link and it went on easily!
I had a problem with the stock center stand for some reason. One side was longer than the other! I took it to the dealer and they checked it and agreed it was wrong. They replaced it and that one was also put together wrong. So, they refunded the cost and I went with an SW Motech. It works well and lifts easily. Must have just been a bad batch of center stands I guess. But, he quarter trick works well!
I suppose i should check mine too. I noticed it was kind of odd when it goes up on the stand, it kind of slides a little. Seems to sit up straight. Maybe it was purpose built on a bit of an angle?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sales manager let me have it for $185. Should have been standard, but oh well.
Now, that's what we should have been paying. But, what's done is done and like everyone else, I can't bitch about the ease of use or quality.:thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went with the factory center stand as well. I agree this has got to be the most easy to use stands I have ever had. I also agree it is too much $ and should have come with the bike, but it is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Me too, Suzuki one...
I was resisting for so long, using paddock stand. But then, pressure washing the junk from the rear wheel on washing station was pain. Wash a bit, push the bike, wash a bit, push the bike. Then, I wanted to lube the chain at lunch break at work. Lube a bit, push the bike, lube a bit, push the bike...
Enough was enough. Looked at the Suzuki stand at my dealer on one Vee2, tried it... Great... I want one...
I'm more then hapy with it now.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I used the bootlace-around-a-rear-spoke method to attach the springs and will never futz around with screwdrivers or spring tools again.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I put mine on, no problem. I don't find it especially easy to use. No problem...I stand up straight on the foot lever, then pull the bike up & back to get it up on the stand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered one yesterday. Very excited to get it here, and get it going. I understand installation is fairly simple until the spring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered one yesterday. Very excited to get it here, and get it going. I understand installation is fairly simple until the spring.
The quarters in the spring idea sounds like a good one. I'm not interested enough to take mine back off to see how it works. :mod2_no:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I put mine on, no problem. I don't find it especially easy to use. No problem...I stand up straight on the foot lever, then pull the bike up & back to get it up on the stand.
If you just stand up on the foot lever with all your weight and pull the bike up holding grab rails with your right hand, and forget about pulling the bike back, it will be much easier to use it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The quarters in the spring idea sounds like a good one. I'm not interested enough to take mine back off to see how it works. :mod2_no:
Slide the Quarters in between each rung and it lengthens the spring. A vise helps hold the spring in place at one end and a pair of pliers to bend the spring back and forth. When you get the desired length, the spring just slips on and you pull the Quarters out. Spring installed, no sweat!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update: I put the stand on last week, and it was much easier than I thought. I'm very impressed with the ease of use. I used a boot lace, wrapped it around a gloved hand and pulled until it popped on. Worked well, but make sure someone is bracing the bike and put some protective eyewear on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sounds like the factoty one is the way to go. How was the ground clearance when cornering? I've fitted the H&B stand and left hand cornering clearance is terrible, to the point where I believe it will lift the rear wheel off the ground. I have posted a review on their website, but as yet they haven't displayed it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts