StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fabricating a steel crash plate like the SW-Motech Aluminum Engine Guard. Can anyone describe the Motech mounts at the bottom of the engine? By looking at the bike I don't see obvous mounting points. Also, what would be a good gauge of steel for the purpose?

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Stephen

I have the MoTech Skid plate, Crash Bar and center stand. I am very please with the product and service from Twisted Throttle. I would like to have a quick release system to remove the plate to allow easy access to the oil filter. Otherwise the system is very good.

I took some pics of the plate on and off the bike. The right side is very hard to show the bracket attachment because the attachment is behind the exhaust pipe.

Hope this helps, good luck with your project. Please post some pics when your done.

Bill

http://wasabi.smugmug.com/gallery/412835

·
Registered
213 Posts
wasabi, thanks for the pics. I too am in the planning stages of fabbing a bash plate for my 650.

58fleetside, I would suggest something around 14 gage (.074") ateel. A nice balance of lighter weight and some toughness.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stephen, if I can help out in any way, just ask, I'd be happy to help you out with your project. It's my skid plate that's featured in the post above and after building and selling them now for a few months I've learned quite a bit about building these things. I've made a few mistakes along the way as well as added some improvements. I have to add, that when I did need to rectify a problem with a skid plate, that the Strom owners are a very understanding group of individuals who had the patience to work with me to solve a problem. They're really a great group of people. So if you would like any tips or help that I've acquired from my experience, contact me.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts