StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my 2007 Wee today to go for a ride, about 3 miles from home noticed
throttle response was not as it should be above 5000 rpm.
Drove on hoping things might improve but alas not so, as the F1 light came on.Stopped on hard sholder & did a few visual checks but saw nothing unusual.
Started up bike again no problem F1 light stayed off & everything normal.
Drove about 10 miles & F1 light came on again but throttle response was normal. Decided to call it a day & drove home, F1 light on all the time.

When home stopped the bike switched off ignition, then switched on again & noticed that fuel pump primes & switches off as normal but a chattering noise continues after the pump switches off & before I start the engine.
Engine starts as normal & idles as normal but F1 light stays on & cannot tell
whether chattering noise is still there or not as engine drowns out the sound probably.

Anybody got any ideas greatly appreciated

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The chattering noise is probably a stepper motor. You need to read the error code a fault indication puts out to pinpoint the problem area. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chattering noise is probably a stepper motor. You need to read the error code a fault indication puts out to pinpoint the problem area. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes
Ok Greywolf thanks for your help

Went into dealer mode as you suggested Fault Code C28 comes up when engine is running indicating fault with STVA(Secondary Throttle valve actuator). I know thats on the throttle bodies somewhere but not being very
familiar with the setup I might leave that to the professionals unless there's something else easily checkable

Thanks again

·
38,104 Posts
The STVA runs off a stepper motor so that's what you are hearing. Hope the linkage is sticking or there is a bad electrical connection or something like that. As far as I can tell, the STVA is not available separately but comes with the throttle body assembly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The STVA runs off a stepper motor so that's what you are hearing. Hope the linkage is sticking or there is a bad electrical connection or something like that. As far as I can tell, the STVA is not available separately but comes with the throttle body assembly.
If it turns out that way I will have to try source throttle bodies secondhand

Would the stepper motor be interchangeable with any other suzuki models

or can the stepper motor even be replaced at all i.e. not possible to remove?

Sounds like an expensive fix otherwise, is this a rare problem??

Thanks for your advice GW you are a mine of information

·
38,104 Posts
I don't know about other model or even other year interchangeability. See DL650K6 c28 code for one case of fixing a C28.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got my bike back from my mechanic

Apparently secondary butterfly valves were sticking in one of the throttle

bodies. He had to remove shaft of offending butterfly and clean up & lube

with silicone grease. He did likewise with other throttle body.

Fortunately stepper motor & plastic cogs etc. were ok

About 5 or 6 hours work total, from what I understand not a job for the

amateur

Bike running perfectly again, happy days:hurray:

Hope this may be of help to others

·
38,104 Posts
That's good to hear. C28 codes usually are about a sticking mechanism.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
May be totally unrelated but I had code 28 come up 4 or 5 years ago. Switched brands of gas and the code cleared after a couple tanks. I know not why but it was a cheap fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts