Strom Trooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these:Firstgear Kathmandu WP Boots - RevZilla

I bought them at my local dealer , who took care of me $ wise. Here's my initial thoughts. They fit wide feet.:thumbup: I have stuffed my feet in several boots , and they felt like torture. These were nice out of the box (wide feet guys). They run a size small. Got that gem off the WWW , and ordered a 13 , fits my 12 like it is supposed to. Quality is good. They are not the same caliber as Scouts or Formas (or the like) , but the are 100-150 cheaper. I'll add a thought or two to this post as I wear them in. They come with a 2 yr. warranty , asked my parts guy (who I've bought from for 20 years) if I could count on F/G to stand behind that. He says yeah. Here's to my first set of Street boots.

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
I have the Kili Hi and they are great boots!!!! First Gear has some seriously nice products, and they stand by them too.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put about 5 hours in these today between riding and catching dinner. Very comfortable for a boot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Waterproof? Have either of you had any experience in testing the waterproofness of either the Kat or Kili? Is 'waterproofness' a word? Or should I have used 'nonwaterabsorbableness'? :green_lol:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't been in rain yet. Will report when I do. Dealer says 2 year warranty means dry feet for 2 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't been in rain yet. Will report when I do. Dealer says 2 year warranty means dry feet for 2 years.
Thanks, Rhino. I have some other FG stuff that I have been very happy with, including a Kilimanjaro jacket, Air overpants, and their winter gloves. All have been excellent, so I was interested in these boots. However their website looks like they only offer the boots up to 13, so me and my aircraft carrier feet might be out of luck. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice wet ride in the morning. Feet stayed dry. Not going to post every event that happens in these boots , but since I didn't find any "real" info on them , thought it might help those potentially interested in them.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After spending 3 days (and day 3 being a monster) in the N.C. mountains in the pouring down rain , I regret to say my boots leaked. The right one really bad. It started in the toe area , and did not come down my leg , as I wore my rain gear all weekend. curious to see how this works out , have a call in to my dealer where I got them 4 months ago. They have a 2 year warranty against leaking.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wanted to update this. Dealt directly with F/G about the leaking issue (that is their policy , deal with them , not the middle man , which in my case was my local Suzuki dealer) over the phone. Shot a pic of my receipt , and a pic of the boots , they sent me a new pair , and a UPS label prepaid for the return of the old boots. I'm breaking them in now , hope they are genuinely waterproof this time , but can honestly say that I am thus far impressed with their level of customer service to this point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts