StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if its called the dogbone, there is an extra thingy bolted in there, at the lower bolt, probably one of those ineffective red light magnets

my thought is that its presence has distorted the alignment of the connected parts - and it needs to be removed -

what say the experts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
if its called the dogbone, there is an extra thingy bolted in there, at the lower bolt, probably one of those ineffective red light magnets

my thought is that its presence has distorted the alignment of the connected parts - and it needs to be removed -

what say the experts?
I don't know what it is, but I agree that I don't like the look of what it's doing to the alignment of the dogbone on that side. I'd lose it, too.

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
There's not much extra length in that bolt, so there's probably less thread engaged on the other side than there should be. That would not be ok with me, nor would be the uneven wear that the misalignment will cause. I'd replace the bolt, the dogbone, and the bushing, personally.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
A landing pad for a jack?
(that's the spot I put my floor jack under when I have to lift the rear of the bike)

Why they felt the need to bolt it on the inside is byond me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do you have a center stand? It looks like a pad for one of those.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
It looks like someone attached one of those magnet things to trip a traffic signal. My Wee does not have that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts