StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting new tires on the '12 DL650 yesterday I noticed a small spring laying on the floor near the front of the bike on the right hand side. I can't think of anywhere that it may have some from, does anyone recognize it? Things I did yesterday:
Removed / installed rear wheel to put on new tire.
Removed / installed dogbones to return rear suspension to OEM spec from being lowered 3/4"
Removed / installed front wheel to put on new tire.
Removed front fork cap, spacer sleeve, wash and spring to check to see what spring weight I had.
Adjusted front suspension down to OEM spec from being lowered 3/4".
The only place I can even think that might have a small spring would have been the front calipers or front speed sensor. I'm pretty sure this spring came from a toggle switch that blew apart but I want to make sure no one recognizes it as a critical part :)
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You have the rest of that toggle switch to see if there's a place for it? Does your bike have adjustable hand levers and did you take them apart? These levers have a similar spring in the pivot area.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have the rest of that toggle switch to see if there's a place for it? Does your bike have adjustable hand levers and did you take them apart? These levers have a similar spring in the pivot area.
No adjustable levers. Pretty positive it's from the toggle switch, just wanting to make sure.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Looks like a ball point pen spring to me.....could have been lost and lodged and knocked loose during the work?

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
I have no idea other than left over.

I will add that I do 2 things when working on chit.

1) Sweep the area before I start.
2) Put all the parts from each step, in plastic bags or left over bowls with labels.

It makes the project less stressful, since I do not miss/forget a part between steps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I've been riding for several days and nothing has fallen off or gone sideways, so I think I'm good :)
Thanks for all the suggestions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts