StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my air filter and replaced my plugs. Removed more or less the entire cowling, and the fuel tank. I have it all back together, but have 2 phillips head, black screws remaining. Approx 1/2" long, I believe that they are called pan head (raised dome). Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Sound a lot like the two screws I removed Sunday while installing my Madstad Bracket. Could they be from the windshield mounting covers?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There are two screws inside the vents in the fairing. If those are not the ones, take them out and the seven plastic rivets holding the chin piece under the headlights. Take off the chin piece and there are two screw holes exposed under the side cowls near the vents. It's #5 in the picture.

M

·
0 Posts
Checked my air filter and replaced my plugs. Removed more or less the entire cowling, and the fuel tank. I have it all back together, but have 2 phillips head, black screws remaining. Approx 1/2" long, I believe that they are called pan head (raised dome). Any ideas?
If you inverted the air box cover they may have fallen out of there. Remember the 6P's (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I think greywolf has the answer. I had two left over just like that. I puzzled over them for quite awhile because they looked just like the ones from the little vents on the fairing.
Found the spot months later when I had the whole thing apart again to do my plugs and air filter and noticed the #5 spot for them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to check #5. I know that the 2 screws in the vents are there, and all eight of the airbox screws were put in. guess I'll take it back apart tomorrow during the daylight.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
How about the two screws that hold on the PAIR valve? Did you remove that bracket when you removed your tank?? Those are the screws that face upwards.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts