StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my harness from Eastern Beaver....looks like a bit of a dig to get at the factory plug...any helpful tips...looks like a fender removal and so on...thanks:cool:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's pretty easy to remove the rear fender on a stock bike. There are only the four luggage rack bolts and the two fender bolts under the blinkers followed by some jockeying. The seat release and the connector separation are simple tool free jobs and all that remains after that.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greywolf

Thanks for the tips...Im installing Star Warning dlx 15 amber LED lights...a little concerned they just might be to bright..may have to use the dim feature...will post a photo when complete...

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
The lights come off with the fender. That's what they are attached to.

Remove the seat.

Loosen and remove the left and right allen screws, (4 mm) on either side of the fender, (You can see the left one just below the seat release).

Remove your turn signals. An 11/16" wrench will do.

You have to "snap" the fender off of the turn signal mounts. Just "twist" the plastic off of the mount "nubs" once you have removed the turn signals.

NOTE: If you remove the quarter panels, it is easier to sneak the wrench in to get at the turn signal nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts