StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of aluminum panniers on my vstrom and my rear turn signals are a little hidden. I have a pair of LED lights to add to the panniers and before I dive in..where is the best place to tap in. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
If it were me, I'd do it where the stock turn signals plug in. That way you aren't messing with any of the wiring on the main harness. You could do it such that it was a plug and play. If you are going to remove the panniers, an SAE connector is a durable and affordable way to do it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good

Will take a peek this weekend. Planned on using weather pack connectors off the panniers and solder and heat shrink at the tap in. Will post when completed. Thanks for the advice.:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plug and play

Thats what I want no cutting or splicing...thanks for the tip much appreciated.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their on

Install complete. I used the license plate bracket and some aluminum angle. The lights are the Star Warning DLX-3 and I used the dimmer mode feature as full power is a little crazy. Will post a photo shortly...Eastern Beaver made the job a whole lot easier...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts