StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little known fact: from 2004 thru 2006, vstrom 650's came with a plastic "Lower Mud Guard" (part # 63421-19F00........$14.00) that mounts on top of the swingarm to prevent mud from being slung on the rear shock/linkage. Beginning in 2007, Suzuki discontinued this little mud guard and added another bit of plastic that "hung down" from the upper region, keeping debri off the shock. But......it does not hang down far enough.....it leaves a gap for the mud/water/salt to be slung on the shock. Ha ha, never fear......Suzuki continued to keep the threaded hole in top of the swingarm for 2007 - on. So, for $14, an owner can have the best of both worlds: the swingarm mud guard and the upper mud guard to completely cover the rear shock. Look at the microfiche at Bike Bandit, Cheap Cycle Parts, Ron Ayers, etc and you will see the little guard. I added it to my 2008 bike a long time ago (I parted out a 2005 Wee years ago and noticed it was not on my 2008 model).
Enjoy!! :kiss:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Thanks for the gotcha. I had to go out to the garage to check. Indeed the 04 and 05 have that little chingadera.
I'm officially complete.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If it matters _ that same "swingarm mud flap" is on the SV650 if you are in a bike-boneyard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts