StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete newbie to Vstrom, off roading, ADV,etc... two weeks into ownership, getting ready for some "serious" Dakar style riding so I picked up a pair of these, highly recommended if you are "serious stromtrooper" (y)
Any other "specialty gear" that you can suggest, so I can be more competitive?
IMG_20200911_110004.jpg
IMG_20200911_110052.jpg

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well; those seem...incredibly...dangerous...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhhhh nonsense, you "Doctors" are always worried about things for no reasons...I was assured that the extra grips are safe, by experts from a different Vstrom forum.
Actually I am now looking to get a pair for my feet as well. ;)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
About 62 feet into serious Dakar style riding and the OP will realize the DL is not a serious, semi-serious or remotely serious Dakar bike.

Maybe some ski boots and clip in bindings retrofitted to DL foot pegs so your feet will stay on the pegs when landing the 30 foot tabletops while your wrists are safely affixed to the bars.

It might not hurt to carry a few splints and duct tape as well becaseu if you go down and you wrists snap it would nice to be able to reset and brace them in the field.

I would also add spikes all over the bike so if you drop itwon't slide off the side of the mountain,

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,448 Posts
Is that some kind of weightlifting accessory?

Looks a little bit like the wrist guards you used to see rollerbladers wear. Except the springy bit is reversed.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have been waiting for somebody to reply who is familiar with the new item.
there may well be rare moments when I want to have the option to be able to quickly get completely away from the bike. and let it go without me. that has happened more than once.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Is that some kind of weightlifting accessory?

Looks a little bit like the wrist guards you used to see rollerbladers wear. Except the springy bit is reversed.
I think you got it

·
Registered
805 Posts
If and/or when you see some serious riders wearing them THEN and only then, should you consider them.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I think you got it
I though it was a hand trainer for these long lonely winter nights.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,448 Posts
I don't consider myself a "bodybuilder" but I do lift things up and put them down. So I've seen a fair number of contraptions and doohickeys that people use for such pursuits.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
If and/or when you see some serious riders wearing them THEN and only then, should you consider them.
I don't wait and copy others, I like to set the trend and be the first serious rider using those every day on my Strom, now my motorcycle will never run away (y)
"Hooked on motorcycles"
I am surprised 😳 that they don't sell those at every bike store

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
About 62 feet into serious Dakar style riding and the OP will realize the DL is not a serious, semi-serious or remotely serious Dakar bike.
But I already added the "protective" blocks for my "protective" crash guards, and added some stickers for more horsepower, I am sure it will be fine.

There are people on YouTube negotiating some serious terrains on DL650's... it's a capable bike if ridden by somebody with balls (and no brain) :LOL: :cool:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
But I already added the "protective" blocks for my "protective" crash guards, and added some stickers for more horsepower, I am sure it will be fine.

There are people on YouTube negotiating some serious terrains on DL650's... it's a capable bike if ridden by somebody with balls (and no brain) :LOL: :cool:
There are also an inordinate amount of people who live vicariously though Youtube videos or sitting behind a keyboard. Type to live, live to type(y).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts