StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taped to the lead for the brake/tail light connector is a white two-wire connector. There are wires feeding the connector (White & Black w/White stripe) but no wires leading out. The male (or maybe female?) end of the connector has only black cavity plugs, depicted in second picture, where the wires would exit the connector. In other words, it's a connector with an input but no output.

Anyone know what this is?

Tipsy

Connector Taped to Brake/Tail Light Harness

Black Cavity Plugs in Connector

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It could be for adding lights or a top case with lights. I can tell you a brown wire is for a tail light hot, a white wire with a black stripe is for a brake light hot and a black wire with a white stripe is for ground.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be for adding lights or a top case with lights. I can tell you a brown wire is for a tail light hot, a white wire with a black stripe is for a brake light hot and a black wire with a white stripe is for ground.
Intersting. I just checked it with DMM (bike not running). The white shows 9v and dips slightly (8.75v) when the brake light is activated.

I did have the main brake light connector disconnected while checking the volatge but I don't think that should matter. As indicated above, the Brown wire shows 12v hot (tail light) and the White w/Black stripe shows 12v with the brake applied.

Tipsy

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I checked the wiring diagram. The white wire goes to the ABS control unit. It may be some kind of diagnostic connector.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the wiring diagram. The white wire goes to the ABS control unit. It may be some kind of diagnostic connector.
Interesting. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed/identified previously. Or if it has, I couldn't find the info while searching.

Tipsy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting. I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed/identified previously. Or if it has, I couldn't find the info while searching.

Tipsy

Nice catch on this thing! When I was tapping into my tail light wiring for my front LEDs, I found the same thing and wondered what it was.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts