StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where else this bolt might be used? I found it wedged between the bottom of the engine and the frame, while doing my 600 mile check. It is an 8 mm bolt with a flange. It looks just like one of the bolts for the luggage rack carrier, but all 4 of them are there. Does not look like it was ever used or installed, judging by the condition of the green loctite on the bolt. I am hoping it was just accidentally dropped and lost during assembly, instead of coming loose from somewhere important. I looked all over with a flashlight and cannot find where it came from. This is my first attempt at attaching pics, so hopefully this will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Looking at the lock-tite, lost during assembly seems likely. It looks like it's never been installed.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Check the front fairing bracket-to-frame connection?? I'm not familiar with the size of those bolts, but Greywolf has commented in the past that those bolts come loose time to time???

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's not from there. I'll join the never been installed camp.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I just looked at mine and could it be the top shock mount bolt? :yikes:

The locktite is all there so it doesn't look like it's been used. I'd still keep looking around though. Or ask the dealer WTH it's for.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Maybe it's mine!

I lost one of the three bolts that holds on the plastic cover of the front sprocket.

I don't look there often, but perhaps when I was crossing Texas on I-20 in May 2010 ... :yesnod:

Well, no matter. I had an extra one, so you can keep it.

Good luck.
Keith

·
Registered
55 Posts
When you say it's an 8mm bolt, are you accurately describing the thread, or incorrectly describing what size socket fits the head?
Many people get that one wrong, including me in the past, so I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am talking about the diameter of the bolt, not the head size. I am pretty positive it has never been installed, hopefully they just dropped it and grabbed another, versus not installing it at all.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
...........there's probably a loose nut behind the handlebars too. :biggrinjester:

(just kidding..........couldn't miss the opportunity to use that Classic Line!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts