StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am pondering the purchase of a Sena SRL that is custom made for the Shoei Neotec 2 Helmet.
Anybody using this headset and be able to comment on how well (or otherwise) it works?
Any issues with that unit?
Any comments on how well it communicates with other riders that use a Sena 10 device?
Thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you end up getting the Sena and Neotec? I am pondering purchasing both the helmet and headset. If you already have the helmet but not the headset, how do you like it or both? Hope its working well.

See you out there.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the helmet. Works ok. Its heavier than my old full face Arai.

The thing I don't like about it, there is no easy way to crack the visor up just a little for more ventilation (like the Arai had). So I tend to push just one side up to the fist indent, the other still in the "closed" position. Works most of the time but there are better designs to achieve this.

Don't have the Sena and have not researched it any further, hence my question here, but no relies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the response. Having come from the street bike world, I am very comfortable with a full face helmet. It kinda sounds like the modular helmets don't offer enough features to warrant the purchase. I still want to get a good intercom/bluetooth system, but I think I will go with a high quality full face lid and find some good tech to compliment it. If I get the Sena I will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The big advantage of a flip up helmet is just that, you can open it when you go slow through town or just to cool off. Easier to get a drink when riding long hours ... etc. Disadvantage its heavier and bigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts