StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear tire before the season. I've been running Battlewings which have done pretty well for most of my riding but I want to consider other options.

I have used the Shinko 705 and Kenda 761 on my KLR with good results. Has anyone used these on your Wee? Opinions please.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Irish John;921929 I have used the Shinko 705 and Kenda 761 on my KLR with good results. Has anyone used these on your Wee? Opinions please.[/QUOTE said:
I have not yet mounted the 705's I just bought. I got them from a buddy that is co-owner of Motorcycle Tire Center in Las Vegas. He rides a 650 VStrom, and recommended the Shinko 705's, as that is the tire he has on his, and really likes it. FWIW.

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a smart-A John (I don't think you took it that way either), just pointing you in a direction that has been discussed (and cussed??) to great lengths. Lots of members here have tried the Shinko's and reported what they "felt"........I think the K60's are catching on now, but not as many Vstrom users out there have tried them...........yet!!! Some swear the K60's are THE tire for Alaska.......but lots of that may be gravel in their travels. Happy Reading!!!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
2- shinkos=1 K60 in cost !!.
I'm running 705 's on both my bikes for our trip to Deadhorse in June,I like them but I did have a delam problem with the first front I bought 4 years ago but they seem to be better now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
On my 3rd set of 705's and love them... Rear goes away a little too quick (5-6000 miles) but then I have hard panniers and it's all aggressive road riding for me..

For the price and performance well worth it!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Just mounted my 705's yesterday , took them out for a solid test ride today. Did 250 miles , cruising , aggressive mountain road riding , gravel , and mud. Worked great in all areas. Was extremely impressed with just how much I could push them in the twisties. If there is any drawback , My front has a mud tire hum at around 30mph till about 45mph. Below that or above that nothing , but in that range , it is like a 4wd sound. Guess that comes with the territory. Running 35 F , 40 R. I'll keep a post on tire life. Seems like it has all of the aspects of a tire I was looking for though...esp. for the price.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Just mounted my 705's yesterday , took them out for a solid test ride today. Did 250 miles , cruising , aggressive mountain road riding , gravel , and mud. Worked great in all areas. Was extremely impressed with just how much I could push them in the twisties. If there is any drawback , My front has a mud tire hum at around 30mph till about 45mph. Below that or above that nothing , but in that range , it is like a 4wd sound. Guess that comes with the territory. Running 35 F , 40 R. I'll keep a post on tire life. Seems like it has all of the aspects of a tire I was looking for though...esp. for the price.
Both my bikes now have 17" fronts so for my choices are very limited for a adv tire.About all there is are the 705's and TKC's!!.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts