StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried Cee Bailey's Extended Vented Windshield on a 02 or 03 V-Strom DL1000? It's 6" over stock, and has a vent and a "flip" to reduce turbulence and buffeting.

Just curious on the pros and cons of this windshield on a V-Strom, if you know of any.

(I had the vented CB screen on my 1987 Kawasake Concours and really liked the reduction of wind noise and buffeting.)

Thanks for feedback,
Rob

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had one, it looked pretty cool on the bike but just wasn't enough to stop the buffeting. I'm 6'1" with a long torso so maybe I just didn't fit the shield. I think if a guy was 5'11" or under with a normal torso it might work. I've heard of guys cutting off the flip with mixed results. as with all windshield threads your results may vary. Keep an eye out for a used one so you don't have to spend too much for experiments!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought an 02 that came with it and I absolutely hated it. Buffetting was ridiculous to the point of blurring my vision, which I considered highly unsafe. If I leaned in or crouched down a few inches it was nice and clean, but impossible otherwise. I ended up removing it and riding with nothing until I got my hands on an OEM windshield which I am fine with. I'm 6'2", 32 inseam.

The Cee Bailey has been sitting around waiting for me to put an ad together to sell it. Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts