StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching aftermarket exhausts (full and slip-ons) and there's not much out there. Now, I know I've been spoiled by the plethora of choices available to the SV, but come on! I think only Two Brothers and Renegade offer slip-ons right now. IMO, there's nothing that sounds better than a piped V-twin. And also, the performance gains from the Two-Brothers slip-ons are minimal, at best. So, I'd think a full exhaust and a remap would gain alot more HP from the motor.

W

·
0 Posts
I too have been looking, all I have found is Renegade, Two Bro's, somebody on Ebay is selling some Yoshi's. But in my opinion the Yoshi's look bad... Do a search. Also I think Staintune's are out there also, and quite possibly Ankrapovik's. But nobody has them on their web page, but they are cans on actual biks out there. This I learned from the Yahoo pages and a few sport touring web spots...

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Akrapovic

I e-mailed Lockhart Phillips, the US distributor for Akrapovic. They do NOT make anything for the DL at this time.

C

·
0 Posts
RE

I just read a post on the Yahoo group and Akra just announced it will have an exhaust in early '04. The post didn't say if it was a slip-on or full. I'd prefer slip-ons, I can't see the need for a full system (or the expense) on the street for this type of bike.

-cos

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Akra

I didn't see anything on their website about any products for the DL.

I e-mailed them directly.

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Akra

Kidder said:
I didn't see anything on their website about any products for the DL.

I e-mailed them directly.
It's not on their web page yet, and most likely will not be. I bet it's a great looking system.

Everything I have seen for the Strom has been slip ons... IT's all it needs, and it's all any manufacturer will put develpoment money into. Most who buy the bike aren't the modding type. With all the Dl's I've ever seen, not one has had any mods other than bags, center stand, seat, GPS etc.... No performance mods....

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Response from Akrapovic

I received a response from Akrapovic. They do indeed plan to make a slip-on system for the V-Strom.

M

·
0 Posts
Will the slip-on exhaust system require and fuel injection compensation or anything?

C

·
0 Posts
RE

motorhead,

It's no different than with a carb. Ideally you should but you don't have to. The best way to know for sure is on a dyno with an exhaust gas analyzer.

-cos

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remap

I'm sure you would want to remap with the slip-ons. I don't know how restrictive the stock cans are, but I'm sure the slips free up some air flow. Like cos said, I'd put it on a dyno with an exhaust gas analyzer.

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys.I had pipes on my old bikes and didn't rejet but I didn't have them "longterm".I would like to hear my Strom's engine a little bit,just a little.Every Harley Davidson in my town has completely wide open exhaust,it's very annoying.When I ride with my friend, who has a Sportster, I can't hear my Strom at all and his isn't completely without baffles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts