StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know options about new exhaust. When I get my bike I want it to sound cool and enhance my performance. My brother has a yoshumir? on his SV650 and he loves it. There there anything like this I could buy for my 650 strom? Interested in what you guys think.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ive aways wondered where all the stock exhausts end up ? I read how heaps of rider's swap them out from new so what do you do with the stocker. I'd love to get hold of one for the left side of my DL 650, rip the guts out of it and turn it into a dummy pipe to even up it's look and make some extra storeage for tools, puncture repair kit, small compressor and the like, I'm going to make one out of pvc pipe but a proper stock exhuast can moderfied would look much better, even just the exhaust end cap and plastic pipe to save weight would do a good job.

So now I've put the idea out there I guess old exhausts will have some value and I'll never find one :? , bugger forget everything I just Wrote :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yep storage here too. I can see the day I am told the scorpions are too loud, doesn't meet an inspection etc. Would hate to have to rebuy the stock pipes just to satisfy whomever, then put the scorpions on right back on again.

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
ononewheel said:
Yep storage here too. I can see the day I am told the scorpions are too loud, doesn't meet an inspection etc. Would hate to have to rebuy the stock pipes just to satisfy whomever, then put the scorpions on right back on again.
Scorpions aint that loud, compared to some others!!! :wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aussie Stromer 1039 said:
Ive aways wondered where all the stock exhausts end up ? I read how heaps of rider's swap them out from new so what do you do with the stocker. I'd love to get hold of one for the left side of my DL 650, rip the guts out of it and turn it into a dummy pipe to even up it's look and make some extra storeage for tools, puncture repair kit, small compressor and the like, I'm going to make one out of pvc pipe but a proper stock exhuast can moderfied would look much better, even just the exhaust end cap and plastic pipe to save weight would do a good job.

So now I've put the idea out there I guess old exhausts will have some value and I'll never find one :? , bugger forget everything I just Wrote :lol:

Mine are sitting in a box against the wall in a bedroom!

if you want them I'm sure a deal could be struck :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went with Staintunes, they have permanent stainless steel packing (never needs replacing), a removable baffle for running loud (103 db or so) or moderate (96 db).

They are awesome looking with mirror-polished stainless cans--I noticed a slight increase in throttle response as well (they claim 2-4 hp increase). To me they are the best looking and sounding cans for DL's.

Regards
-Black 2005 DL1000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts