StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my third wee strom...previous 2004, 2007 and now a brand new 13.
The high exhaust mounting has been a continuous annoyance. It aint a KLR and the exhaust should be at swing arm level for a touring bike. Has any member addressed this? (before I fire up the torch!).

Also I have removed all the safety stickers except those on the tank. A little concerned that high heat on the tank surface could be explosive. Any ideas here? tks monte

·
Registered
710 Posts
Seriously?:confused: It isn't a KLR, but it isn't a touring bike either. It is an adventure tourer, meaning you should be able to go through high water without fear of filling your pipes with water and not drag the bottoms when going through rocks, etc. And as for high heat on the tank, once again, seriously? Believe me. That is not an issue.

Next time you go bike shopping, one of these might suit you better:

2013 Versys® Sport - Kawasaki.com

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I am on my third wee strom...previous 2004, 2007 and now a brand new 13.
The high exhaust mounting has been a continuous annoyance. It aint a KLR and the exhaust should be at swing arm level for a touring bike. Has any member addressed this? (before I fire up the torch!).

Also I have removed all the safety stickers except those on the tank. A little concerned that high heat on the tank surface could be explosive. Any ideas here? tks monte
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't consider the Strom to be a tourer, if I was doing just touring there are much better bikes out there. As tiller4me said, it is an adventure tourer, which is how many owners will use their bikes.

I really don't see why there would be an issue with the pipe even if you are only road touring :confused: It sits in a good position and allows panniers to be fitted with no issues.

As for the stickers on the tank, just leave the bike in the sun for a few hours, mine peeled straight off :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
For the type of bike the Strom is, the exhaust is right where it is supposed to be in my opinion....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts