StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the bike ages it seem ever big name exhaust stopped making exhaust for older Stroms in favor of the new 14+.

What's left it seems is Delkevic and Two Bros.

I was reading a forum from 2014 which trashed on two Bros and recommend 3 other systems that no longer exist. But why do people dislike Two Bros and does the Delkevic actually sound good on the 1000? If so I'll give it a shot vs Two Bros.

·
Super Moderator
16,863 Posts
So no Staintune, Akrapovic, Scorpion, Yoshimura, Leo Vinci options any more? Delkevic is excellent for the money, and quite popular here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Staintune is available but their website says $1400. Akra, Scorpion, Yosh, and Leo are no more. No arrow either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Two Bros are typically loud. Even for aftermarket cans.

Dale Walker (holeshot performance) still lists slip ons for the Kx stroms. I always thought they sounded good and were among the quietest of the aftermarket cans.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.

Also, Dale was once an active member of this community and a Vee owner himself. He's been a longtime supporter of the Suzuki GS platform from his drag racing days. I have been a GS owner for over 20 years. Love those bikes.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two Bros are typically loud. Even for aftermarket cans.

Dale Walker (holeshot performance) still lists slip ons for the Kx stroms. I always thought they sounded good and were among the quietest of the aftermarket cans.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.

Also, Dale was once an active member of this community and a Vee owner himself. He's been a longtime supporter of the Suzuki GS platform from his drag racing days. I have been a GS owner for over 20 years. Love those bikes.....
Thanks, I don't want the quietest aftermarket can or I wouldn't be changing the stock ones. I want loud but not mind numbing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks, I don't want the quietest aftermarket can or I wouldn't be changing the stock ones. I want loud but not mind numbing.
All aftermarket cans are louder than stock. The 2bros falls into the mind numbing category. Thats why they aren't more popular. They are firmly in the "loud pipes save lives and annoy everyone and everything around you for miles" camp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All aftermarket cans are louder than stock. The 2bros falls into the mind numbing category. Thats why they aren't more popular. They are firmly in the "loud pipes save lives and annoy everyone and everything around you for miles" camp.
That lines up with what I've read researching them. I'm definitely thinking the Delkevics right now. I'll watch that video tonight on good speakers but it sounds nice!

·
Registered
725 Posts
dB Killers are readily available for most any exhaust can >:)

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have Two Brothers on my Kawasaki Z1000, and I absolutely love them. I have zero complaints with them and would highly suggest for a 1000cc
The problem is that it will sound different from bike to bike and different to each pair of ears.

From the YouTube's I've seen they sound great but quite loud. I've also heard they need repacked often.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The problem is that it will sound different from bike to bike and different to each pair of ears.

From the YouTube's I've seen they sound great but quite loud. I've also heard they need repacked often.
True on both accords!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My son had a Ninja 250 that came with 2bros exhaust. It was pretty obnoxious even on that little bike.

I think the 2Bros look great and they have a good sound, but they are just too loud for me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You will find the Delkevic site has lots of options to tailor your noise levels to what you want.

They sell the complete systems in different length cans ( shorter = louder) ( longer = less loud )

From say 9" long to over 17" Stainless, carbon fiber, ect. Prices are low quality good.

Great company. I got one for my 2000 SV 650 and it was amazing sounding. Not overly loud either.
Nice rumble growl.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
cherry bomb sound clip, aas you can hear, no louder than normal traffic tire noise, crickets, or my neighbor yelling at her son

https://youtu.be/aEPod9Z5LEI
Kind of funny, but I am listening to crickets right now so when you took off in the video, I heard crickets. I had to wonder, are those NH crickets or CO crickets? Both!:grin2:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
My Vee came to me with 2Bros cans installed. Fortunately the stock cans were included in the deal.

The 2bros cans looked good and were feather light, but the racket was beyond obnoxious, and a surefire splitting headache within minutes. Not tenable on a traveling bike.

I installed the stock mufflers a day or two later, and sold the 2Bros stuff. I warned the buyer, "These things are really excruciatingly goddamn loud. Are you sure that's what you want".

He was sure, so I shipped them off to the buyer's remote farm in Iowa. A few weeks later I got an email to the effect of "damn, you weren't kidding..."

So yeah, 2Bros exhausts are obnoxious. And with the outlets up high, the racket is a lot closer to your head on a Vee than on other bikes. I'd look at other options with a more reasonable level of sound.

The stock exhausts are quiet, which I like, but they are stupid heavy. I can definitely see the appeal of something a lot lighter at the expense of a bit more noise.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts