StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those looking for a truly nice sound from their Wee, give this a try. I know much has been written on the subject elsewhere on the Forum. But I figured I would put this into the Canuck section anyways.

Very carefully remove the spot weld on the 3 stainless screws holding the cap on the back of the muffler. I used my dremel with a small cutting disk. You only need to cut the weld, which is just on a very small portion of the screw head.
Once that is done, I used a polishing bit on the dremel to clean up any "scarring". If you take your time and be careful, you cant tell anything was done.
Cut off the pipe extension from the muffler, I left approx 1/4". You cant tell any diffence in the sound until you put the stainless cap back on. What an incredible difference in sound/tone!
It makes a nice burbling sound on decel, not a back-popping or putt-putt sound.
I had previously drilled a number of 5/16" holes into the back of the muffler as well. This only resulted in a crapola ffft ffft sound. I made an aluminum plate to correct that error.

Give it a whirl, I think you will be amazed at the nice tone your Wee will have.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can take a pic, but its just the "pea-shooter" pipe outlet.

Lemme know if you require a pic.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts