StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change the exhaust to new 2019 V Strom 650 exhaust on a 2013. I would love to have closer fitting bags. This should reduce the overall width in the back.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Any automotive exhaust fitter can bend an intermediate pipe to fit for your conversion. I think that there is more to it than just having a intermediate pipe changed. Have you thought of how you would go about mounting the exhaust in the lower position? If it where me, I would go have a closer look (take some pix) on how the L9 silencer / exhaust mounting bracket is secured above the swingarm. Next task would be to see if I can duplicate the mounting system / brackets on the L5, if it is not a straight bolt-on item.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the same frame and you will need new brackets and sundry hardware. The computer adjust the fueling per need, should work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing and had a close look some time ago. There were some different attachment points for the exhaust and the pannier racks if I remember correctly. It looked to be too much work to be worth it for me. There would be welding involved at the very least.
Happy Trail racks are within 1/2” of being symmetrical and you can adapt a large number of cases to them. I think their secret is either cutting or removing the heat shield on the exhaust. I ended up just keeping the stock cases...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts