I've a 2005 650 Vstrom with excess voltage draw when the ignition is off. With the negative battery terminal lead disconnected, my voltmeter shows a draw of about 9.8 volts between the battery and the negative lead. The draw on the battery is enough to drain the battery over three or four days to the extent that it won't turn the engine over (battery holds a charge just fine when the negative battery lead is left disconnected). Removing the "fuel" fuse drops the voltage draw to less than one volt (which, I assume, is the voltage required to keep the clock display up), and disconnecting the harness on the back of the speedometer drops the voltage draw to zero. Since the "fuel" fuse also runs the instrument panel display lights, and since the draw is zero with the panel harness disconnected, I am wondering if a short in the display lights, rather than a problem with the fuel pump, could be causing the excessive draw. Before I tear into the instrument panel I thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar experience, or ideas on further tracking down this excessive draw on the battery. Many thanks for any thoughts you would care to share.