StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal too have alot of blueing on the headpipe at the cylinder. My bikes a 2011 650 with only 700 miles? 600 mile service was done at the dealer and this issue never came up so should I be concerned or not?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It is not unusual at all for a single wall head pipe to blue. Once you ride and it gets nice and dirty you will no longer see the blue.:thumbup:

In all seriousness I am sure your bike is fine.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's young yet. With more miles it will turn straw colored and then brown. It's single walled stainless steel, quite unlike double walled chrome the shiny bikes use. Also, unlike chrome plating that gets stone damage and rusts away, it can be polished to near new looking and will last practically forever.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The head pipes on these bikes all end up looking like crap, mostly from the baked-on coating of road debris.

It's just part of the V-Strom deal. Relax and don't worry about it.

The pipes are made of stainless steel. It's a type that doesn't really corrode, but it does discolor quickly. But soon enough your head pipe will gain an impervious protective coating of baked-on mud and bugs. Over time it evens out... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I believe the word is "patina".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all that answered. I won't worry about any longer. Bike runs great and I'm having fun riding it. My other bikes a HD Street Glide and here lately has pretty much been parked since I bought the new Vstrom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts