StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will exceeding the first service mileage interval void my warranty? I might be as much as 50 miles over by the time I can get it in for the service. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Call your dealer's service department and ask them. Outside of Suzuki Customer Service, only they can give you a definitive answer. Did you read the terms of the Warranty Booklet that you were supposed to have received at time of purchase?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call your dealer's service department and ask them. Outside of Suzuki Customer Service, only they can give you a definitive answer. Did you read the terms of the Warranty Booklet that you were supposed to have received at time of purchase?
I was just looking through the paperwork I got with the bike and I don't have any warranty booklet which is why I was wondering.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
If you're in the United States, no, it won't. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, you can't be compelled by the manufacturer to adhere to a specific maintenance schedule or to take the vehicle to a specific place to be serviced. Your warranty can't be voided simply because you didn't go to a service center for service, or that you didn't take it in at a specific mileage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

That only applies to the US. Warranties in other countries may work differently.

·
Registered
21,983 Posts
fwiw, I picked up my Vee on a Friday and made an appointment for first service the next Tuesday (dealership is closed in Mondays) I rolled into the appointment with over 1400 miles. Suzuki not only honored the warranty, they went beyond, and 3 years later when I had cancer of the wire harness after riding all winter in northern New England salty sloppy road slush, after the warranty was over, they helped with the cost

If a dealer screws you on warranty, it's cause they have a lousy claims writer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts