Strom Trooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to make sure all the guys in the portland area are still around and kickin. We seem to skip group stuff during the summer, how many of you are interested in a coffee meet up in the next few weeks?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im alive and well!! Would definitely do coffee. WEE is totally torn apart! I wanted to figure out all the gadgets the PO put on the bike and clean up the wiring.

• Removed the AM/FW/WB radio and am selling it
  • Removed the little voltage display and replaced it with a Datel model
  • installed a Adventuretech shelf
  • Installed a dual USB charging plug
  • Installed a EB H4 headlight relay
  • My Centech fuse pannel is always "Hot" so I am installing the EB PC8 Harnes with a relay
I may remove the Touratech Computer as I don't use it and while its has the tank off, I will check out the air filter.

Who knows what else.
Larry

·
Premium Member
188 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dang
That is a bit too far for me!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I am still around... I think... I may be wrong.

I finally rode to work yesterday. I have been kinda a wimp with the rain this year. So much TV binging, so little time.

My daughter is not old enough to be home alone and still to young to ride with me ;(

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am still around... I think... I may be wrong.

I finally rode to work yesterday. I have been kinda a wimp with the rain this year. So much TV binging, so little time.

My daughter is not old enough to be home alone and still to young to ride with me ;(
Yeah I haven't been riding much either, especially in the rain. (unlike last year I was riding a lot). Ever since I got a new girlfriend back in July I haven't been doing much riding other than to work maybe 6 or so times. We've been pretty busy doing vacation stuff (which I haven't had much for vacations in years, so that was good). Went paint balling yesterday for the first time, that was a blast!

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Still here but my riding time is pretty much limited to my
1. Annual trip with a friend from Sacramento
2. Mostly monthly Team Oregon assignment
3. 8.5 mile each way commute to work

Can't even do the last one right now since my Roadcrafter is in Minnesota for some needed repairs. Hope to have it back by the first of the year and get to riding again.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Most of my riding has been commute miles this year. Still have 6,000 or so miles, but it doesn't feel like I'm riding much. Have gotten out for a few long day rides and a couple weekend rides. Oddly enough, the long rides have been on the old DR350 and not the new V-Strom 650 that I picked up in May.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Rode out to Couger last Sunday, found FS81 loop north of Couger about a 25 mile loop through the south side of Mt. St. Helens Park. All but 2 miles is paved. Good ride :hurray:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ready for a get together any time. It would be great to meet fellow PNW members.

I will be in the Suzuki booth at the Seattle IMS show next weekend so if you attend the event stop and say hello.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm still here but my V is down for a while. I had to lay it down a couple weeks back and the fairing took a pretty good hit. I have the big parts on the way but it's going to take a few weeks to get her back on the trail/road.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still here but my V is down for a while. I had to lay it down a couple weeks back and the fairing took a pretty good hit. I have the big parts on the way but it's going to take a few weeks to get her back on the trail/road.
Sorry to hear! Did you have crash bars on?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes I have alt rider crash bars and they did there job. But the front took a hit hard enough to bent the fairing mount and crack a good bunch of the plastics.
My body is not ready to ride anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts