StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, my new to me we was having a slow cranking issue. Obviously was the battery, it was likely the original battery.

After reading the forums here, I just got a battery from Wal Mart.

I was reasonably impressed with the overall quality. Time will tell how long it lasts.

What I wanted to confirm (at least in my mart of the country), (Chicago), the battery is made by Yuasa. Says so right in the manual.

$58.00 so a reasonable deal as well ... I have heard of batteries being sourced bu Johnson controls etc. But have not seen them sourced from Yuasa before ... Which seems to be a good thing as most posts that recommend the "better or best" battery mention Yuasa ...

It charged quickly and starts fine as expected. I guess longevity is the real thing that remains to be seen.

But all well for now ...:thumbup:

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Walmart sources to many companies. Just because you got a battery made by Yusa doesn't mean that the next you buy will be made by them. It also doesn't mean that the battery you got is the same as one with the Yusa name on the case. They built your battery to Walmart's specifications. That may or may not be the same specs as the batteries they put out with their own brand on it.

Not saying that you didn't get a good battery. I bought a Walmart battery for a Honda Shadow that I had several years ago. The guy who bought the bike from me had the battery last until this past May. That battery lasted for about 4 years. Not bad for a cheapo battery. You pay your money, you take your chances.

Another thing to consider. Is the battery you bought a AGM or is it a liquid filled lead/acid battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.