StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I am new to the forum and new to the V-strom, but I want one.

My buddy here where I live in Seoul, South Korea just got a DL1000, and I think it would be perfect for my upcoming trip. See, my wife and I are planning to come over in May 2009 for a 6 month motorcycle tour of Europe. We are planning to go all over, and see as much as we can of the Continent.

I'm trying to sort out whether it would be better to buy a bike here and ship it over, or try to buy one over there somewhere...

A decent used DL1000 goes for the equivalent of about 5,000-6,000 Euros over here right now, and I think I could ship it for another 800-1,000 Euros. What is the going rate there, and where would be the best place to pick one up, in your opinions?

Any insights you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

-Adam

·
Registered
40 Posts
A "decent used" is a wide angle,..

To compare for that price :
A new strom DL 650 V-Strom K8 goes now for 6430 € in stead of 7630 € few weeks back. Suzuki has lowered the prices. I don't know the price of the 1000 Strom as it is not for sale actually due to the fact (if i'm not mistaking) that it does not (yet) meet the new regulations for the exhaust pipes.

Perhaps you could check www.kapaza.be (Belgium) for second hand prices on the private market. In Europe,... there are speed limits all over Europe except on German Highways ,.. so the DL650 does well everywhere and will cost you less than the DL1000. I would only buy the DL1000 if you ship it home afterwards,... but can you easily import/export a (second hand) bike? Check that out. Can you import it back to your country and let it pass the local homologations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nero,

That is some really helpful info. You're right, the new price is pretty good now, so I might just go that route. I will also check out the link you included. Thanks so much!

-Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts